Kit

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuzrat

Right chaps/esses  Since I have bought the mk38 my 20 bore has been sat in the cabinet looking all sorry for itself like a dog that peed on the rug and wonders why its told to go to its bed. The miroku is getting used for everything exept decoying then the auto comes out, but I digress /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-embarassed.gif  The 20 is as good as sold and I have decided to treat myself to some new kit. First up will be some of those excellent looking Emtec ear pluggy things (good review matt btw) as I am going off the sport tacs and wouldnt mind being able to use them in the field with a wide brimmed hat. Second, and this is where I need a bit of help, some new shooting glasses. Been looking at pilla and oakley. problem is I have quite a narrow head and most wraparound type glasses are twice as wide as my noggin. do they come in different width fittings? The pilla hawk (again well reviewed) and the oakley radar are the front runners atm, but are they really that good for 200 odd quid? any help would be great, Fuzrat

My views are known I think /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif, nothing is worth that kinda money. They're selling stuff for £370 these days, it's utterly ridiculous and I have one /wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-laugh.gif. The only way forward is to wear them and see, you must mount the gun whilst trying them on though as some won't allow decent vision due to their poor design. Basically I personally think anything that looks sporty and narrow is simply not a shooting specific glass. Making it pellet proof and giving it silly names is one thing but it MUST have high lenses to allow for different gun mounts etc. Don't believe the hype regarding lens manufacture taking three weeks per spec or whatever, they do not make target stand out anymore than £40 pairs.

I spent years using different cheap shooting glasses, tried some more expensive ones and eventually settled for Randolph Ranger XL, available in different lens sizes to suit different heads. Lots of different lens colours, different people might see different results with same lens colour so pick what suits you. Great Clarity, can't see the frame, totaly unobstructed vision due to moveable nose bridge to lift frame to suit you. Cables to hook around the ears so glasses don't move. Not silly expensive like a lot of others either. bingle, Randolph USA  . UK importer is Kevin Gill.

I tried several different types including oakley which i gave up with as they continually steemed up as they sit to tight to the face,in the end i went hydef pilla,no problems since

I agree that frame shape is almost everything. Lens technology is secondary. The Hidef / Pilla shape is perfect. If I try on my Oakleys now, I feel very conscious of the frame intruding into my field of vision. Also, the Pilla are slim around the ears, making wearing earphones much more comfortable. It just needs one of the companies that make the cheap glasses to start making them the correct shape and they will have a very succesful product I feel.. CSC3

Hi Fuz, I had this problem up until a few weeks ago where i fancied the Oakley ones until i tried them on and i could see the frame and the nose peg in the field of vision which was to be honest, really off-putting. Then i tried the Pilla Hawk set, absolutely amazing, clear and with no distractions so this is the way i went, now i know £200 is a hell of a lot for glasses but i do get the impression its the last set youll ever buy. Hope this helps. Ian

Back