K80 trigger problem

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee

Hi all,

My K80 has started doing funny things. Sometimes (quite often in fact!) the gun will act like it has a release trigger fitted. Discharging the second barrel when the trigger is released, ie pull 'click' - release 'click'.

Its nothing to do with the gun in the shoulder etc as its a mechanical trigger as you know. It will do it on a dry fire with gun laying across your lap.

Any ideas or im I going to have to spend a small fortune sending it to Alan Rhone? Not happy as its bloody dangerous and no go to shoot in competition at the moment.

Upon closing the gun push the trigger forwards towards the forend. Do the same if changing the barrel selector. Anything trigger related this normally sorts it out. 

If not then a visit to Alan for a service is required.

Cheers mate, tried that at the time but it didn't help.

All sorted now tho thanks.

Gee,

So what was the problem? 
No idea, It only did it after I had my stock off the gun and then reassembled.

Im guessing that where the action had been off the gun for a week or so maybe something had gotten inside there. Couldn't see anything wrong with it but the insides of a K80 are like a swiss watch. I didnt have any compressed air so gave it a blast thru with some Browning Leiga spray and dried it all off. Reassembled it and it worked fine.

Shot a comp on Sunday and it worked faultlessly as always.

Gee,

That's a bit worrying, a release trigger that has gone walk about, I wouldn't want to be near when it re-appears ??? :eek:

Seems perfect now, can't get it to do it anymore at all and believe me i've tried! 

Guessing something was caught up in there and that when the trigger mechanism was cocking ready for the second trigger pull, it was just setting it off (sear not engaging and holding the hammer maybe?).

Gun is always pointing down range Sal so won't cause an accident just scare the sh*te out of me if it does happen in comp.

Back