Invector plus Briley choke key?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonny English

Hi folks, I'm considering buying some Briley extended chokes, but does anyone know if a browning invector plus choke key fits the end of their extended chokes for invector plus or will I have to buy a Briley one?

On the same note do the extended ones need a key or are they fine hand tight?

Many thanks

Martin

Edited for clarity

Last edited by a moderator:
It should fit as a lot of the Browning chokes are actually made by Briley.

Just realised that I've got Briley extended chokes in my XS , just checked and the browning key does fit.

Spot on, thanks for the replies chaps, thats just what I needed to know.

Regards Martin
Really glad you made this post Martin. Whilst checking if the key fitted for you I checked the chokes which hadn't been in the gun for long and they were really tight. I did manage to get them out but it was difficult. I've never had this happen before so if you get your Brileys I would suggest that hand tight is enough and remove them every time you use the gun.

If in doubt, buy a teague taper key, fits everything :D

Edit, also means you cant overtighten them, if you try and wind them up it just slips :)

Really glad you made this post Martin. Whilst checking if the key fitted for you I checked the chokes which hadn't been in the gun for long and they were really tight. I did manage to get them out but it was difficult. I've never had this happen before so if you get your Brileys I would suggest that hand tight is enough and remove them every time you use the gun.
 I brought a small pot of Briley Choke Grease from Chris Potter's a few years ago and just put a very small dab on the threads every now and then.

I use the tetra grease on my invectors at the minute, does the job. The problem with browning keys is you can get too much leverage on them and over tighten them quite easily. I did email Potters yeaterday morning about the key question, but didn't get a reply.

I use the tetra grease on my invectors at the minute, does the job. The problem with browning keys is you can get too much leverage on them and over tighten them quite easily. I did email Potters yeaterday morning about the key question, but didn't get a reply.
They're closed on Wednesdays. You're better off phoning and speaking to Duncan Morris if you can get hold of him.

Ahh that explains it then, I got a reply from a chap called Ray on email mid this morning, so actually the response was pretty good in the end, and he did confirm my existing key will fit.  I never checked the opening days.

Martin

My extended chokes are only ever hand tight.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ahh that explains it then, I got a reply from a chap called Ray on email mid this morning, so actually the response was pretty good in the end, and he did confirm my existing key will fit.  I never checked the opening days.

Ray is the internet sales Guru...very nice chap who will do whatever he can to help, from my experience.

Duncan is awesome too, and is the younger chap who appears in the Perazzi Experience Video

I purchased two chokes from Ray at the webshop at Chris Potters this Sunday evening and they were on my door step yesterday (Tuesday), spot on service and brilliant chokes, have to say well done to them, brilliant service and product!

Back