Interesting interview

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Wilkinson

Great stuff Phil,

I've been a member of the CPSA for 25 years (all be it a sleeping one for 10) and that interview was the most informative, honest, and forthright I've heard for a long time.

Seems like we all need to re-align ourselves and put political agendas aside for the great good, we have a great pool of talented youngsters coming though, like WW1 they didn't experience it but can learn form it.

The concrete has set in the nuclear bunker now, & I've got my tin hat on,

Thank you & see ya

:spiteful: :crazy: :hunter:

Very interesting, seems to have a pretty good idea where and how things need to move forward and the obstacles, limitations he has to negotiate.

Some good things, some not so good,

Most of it was pretty positive and some good initiatives to take the sport forward.

I think he's wrong about the BICTSF selection shoots as they are transparent and fair.  If BS are to select Teams they will also have to come up with a selection procedure that is fair to all ages and genders, has proper governance to stop cronyism, predudices and personalities from coming in to play and corrupting put in place. I'm not clear that this is the case.

This along with the issues of the past (as, to be fair as Nick referred) - the incompetent way that olympic selection and the way ISSF events were managed by BS in the previous pre olympic cycles has left a lot of justified mistrust.  This need to be sorted.  

I can appreciate some of the frustration but, please don't let's go back to pre 2008.

Did I miss a bit? they started to talk about national teams (Eng, Scot, Wales etc) it wasn't clear how all except England support/develop their current team members.

Last edited by a moderator:
British Shooting cannot select our GBR teams because they are not an NGB.

Simples.

Listened to it now. You know.

Interesting that the focus is Olympic...you know.

Well ...that is interesting...you know.

View of BICTSF is inaccurate ..you know....and condescending ....you know. Interesting that the BICTSF have been managing to win medals for years...

Manufactured shooters wanted now...you know...

Maybe he did not know that the unfunded side of international shooters...you know...the FITASC disciplines.....return far more medals...you know.....than any ISSF shooters have ever done...you know..!

If they want medals for more funding...you know...then maybe they should look more at how the FITASC side of the BICTSF works...you know ...

Or do their massive medal successes over the years count for nothing.......you know

British Shooting has no interest ....you know....in FITASC disciplines ....you know....

I found the delivery....painful ....you know.

You know what ! 40 minutes of my life wasted, you know.

If I could ask you a question Nick , do you know if you could give me a straight answer? 

A complete and utter 40 minutes of garbage, only thing that made me happy was to know that the CPSA will assist Steve & Allison Lovatt to run the British efficiently, due to their lack of experience in running big events.

If I was head ref at the EJC Worlds.....I would be fizzing...!!.......just saying

Did I hear correclty in the interview that he's not a shooter ? If so why on earth is someone who doesn't shoot running the national association ?

Did I hear correctly in the interview that he's not a shooter ? If so why on earth is someone who doesn't shoot running the national association ?
Did you not know that anyone who is a shooter can't remember how to walk and talk at the same time. Funny how they seem to have successful businesses and interests outside of the sport though. Must be something in the air at the offices at Bisley that non shooters are Immune to.

Doesn't affect Squash or tw!tquondo officials either!!

Which bits were the interesting bit? My browser keeps closing around the 15 minute mark. So far I've heard him celebrate what a success the article changes were and accuse some people of having a problem with "the Board" regardless of who the Board members are. A precis would be lovely.

I have to say. I did switch off after about 10 mins. Not sure it is a good idea to have a non shooter head up a shooting organisation.... I wouldn't want a vegetarian to sell me a steak....

Latest posts

Back