If you feel we need a change in the CPSA

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Can't vote somebody of..........." Do you mean off?

All staff are employees and every single one of us work hard and go beyond the call of duty for the benefit of the association and its members.
By all means feel free to pick at a miss type it really shows you are obviously trying to belittle me which is a bit sad but can only be expected.

As for your second comment i have no problem with the staff as you wish to put it no doubt trying to dilute the subject,simply certain members of the board who are not acting as  you state.

So you feel it is ok for the membership to be so intimidated they feel they cannot sign a petition without fear of reprisal?

And you failed to answer my question....no doubt you have been tasked by your "superiors" to do this.

Again my question is how do we vote off/obtain the resignation of/sack the CEO

Last edited by a moderator:
Must admit, my renewal is due in September, and I'm seriously considering leaving and joining BASC instead. 

Ok, no classification or possible reg shoot wins, but at least they seem to stand up for the shooter more when it comes to the law in this country. 

One of the real problems is that they see it as a business to make a profit at the expense of giving the members what they want it was stated in the advert for one of the directorships that "you must act in the interests of the company not in the interests of the members" the wording may not be exactly correct STUART.

I think this in itself shows exactly what there intentions are a successful company and screw the membership....when will they realise without the membership there is no company?

I have to agree with you Mike .

The membership misguidedly believe that by joining the CPSA there clayshooting interest will be represented and they will be insured. If you read the CPSA insurance cover it reads as though it is ideal and fit for all.

But we have to remember what happened to Alfie Oldring , longtime member of the CPSA who had an unfortunate accident and found that his CPSA insurance refused to cover him.

Many members join the CPSA to have their scores recorded and to represent their County or Country .

Sadly Counties struggle to fill teams because actually many County CPSA members believe that they may not be good enough or more commonly cannot be bothered .

Country representatives need to be well financed because as soon as we have a selection shoot the greedy hand of CPSA stretches out and hikes the price , when you have been successful and made the team the greedy hand of CPSA stretches out and charges you for Track Suit , sweaters, shirts, Blazer etc, etc, .

To represent your County or Country is indeed an honour , or should be . It should not be a financial burden upon the member,  the ample funds that CPSA hold should be used to assist and promote Clayshooting.

The fact that this is not happening was very well illustrated at the ICTSF Worlds at Kelmarsh Hall .

Amongst the CPSA membership apathy rules and no matter how badly they are served , they continue to accept poor service without complaint and until the membership votes with it's wallet and leaves the CPSA in droves , nothing will change .

Why has CPSA membership stagnated at around 24,000 for decades ? Simply because for every new member we attract we also disappoint someone who has been a member for a short period of time and they leave .

By all means feel free to pick at a miss type it really shows you are obviously trying to belittle me which is a bit sad but can only be expected.

As for your second comment i have no problem with the staff as you wish to put it no doubt trying to dilute the subject,simply certain members of the board who are not acting as  you state.

So you feel it is ok for the membership to be so intimidated they feel they cannot sign a petition without fear of reprisal?

And you failed to answer my question....no doubt you have been tasked by your "superiors" to do this.

Again my question is how do we vote off/obtain the resignation of/sack the CEO
Simple you can't the CEO is an employee and member of staff, not a director.

Simple you can't the CEO is an employee and member of staff, not a director.
So in other companies people who fail to perform get the sack, yet not in this one?

Somebody must be able to terminate his employment,surely expectations of performance must be written into his contract?

I have terminated peoples employment for failing to perform as per their contract in the past so what you are saying must be factually incorrect.

Who was responsible for employing him in the first place?

It is very easy for myself and schmokkin to express our disatisfaction at how the CPSA represents Clay shooters , but as usual employees such as Stuart Oldman replies but doesn't actually answer the real question.

So Stuart because there does not appear to be a mechanism to express our disatisfaction may I ask through this forum the following questions :- 

What is the current  cash reserve in the Bank of the CPSA at the present time?

How much did the ICTSF World  at Kelmarsh actually cost the CPSA ?

How many members have asked for their money back from the Kelmarsh event ?

How many written complaints have the CPSA received?

How many employees and Board members attended Kelmarsh ?

How many Board members were provided with accommodation and what was their role at the event ?

Why with so much time to organise the event was it so poorly supported by Trade members and The Gun Trade & Ammunition manufacturers ?

Thank you .

Pete, this won't make you happy - or anyone else for that matter, but if you are a CPSA member then you are represented at County level and then subsequently at Regional level by elected representatives. The response you and others are asking for needs to be directed through the established lines of communication which will then ultimately be aired via your Regional Director at a board meeting. All the information you are asking for is available using that route and as a member you are perfectly entitled to know the answers. Shouting from the sidelines is not the way I'm afraid. Nothing personal, you just happen to be the last poster on this thread.

Wylye ,

I doubt anything will awaken the Giant from its slumber .

Only a mass exodus would awaken the CPSA , obviously by then too late . 

But actually the mass membership isn't bothered , they just want insurance and a classification.

Pete, this won't make you happy - or anyone else for that matter, but if you are a CPSA member then you are represented at County level and then subsequently at Regional level by elected representatives. The response you and others are asking for needs to be directed through the established lines of communication which will then ultimately be aired via your Regional Director at a board meeting. All the information you are asking for is available using that route and as a member you are perfectly entitled to know the answers. Shouting from the sidelines is not the way I'm afraid. Nothing personal, you just happen to be the last poster on this thread.
The problem being with that is that it is a long and arduous process where in all likelihood you will lose the will to live before you actually get an answer and then no doubt it will not actually be an answer to the question you asked or will be fudged/misinterpreted like the question i have been asking for 2 years reference the wonderful new IT system to which i have never had a full answer.

I have had several messages telling me that people are scared to sign the petition for fear of losing there membership,so we have an organisation that has created an environment where people are scared of speaking/voting freely.

A very sad situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back