Hull Sovereign 24grm

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hull Soverigns and Soverign Parcours? Sounds like my sort of cartridge. I'll have to track some down.

Always been a fan of something that fights back a bit when you shoot. Normally use Black Gold or World Cups's, both not known for being soft recoilers, but I find them really smooth and certainly sharp in their recoil.

I was put off Hull cartridges in about 1972 when I used Hull Three Crowns in my 16 bore. Biggest load of rubbish I ever used, and that was a good description of what came out of the barrel. I'm guessing things may have changed a bit as some notable shooters seem to be using Hull now.

Shot the British Open Sporting on Saturday and a guy in my squad was using a cartridge which sounded like he was using a .22 blank adaptor. His kills were noticably unconvincing, particularly on some of the more distant stuff. In fact, at range his kills were noticable by their absence. I was surprised when I found out the brand, which I won't mention in case I upset someone (again!).  :biggrin:
I suspect Hull comp x 28g. They always sound like a misfire. Nowhere near as good as their 21g equivalent IMO.

I must be immune to recoil I don't find sovereign's punchy at all, but I don't find them any better than pro ones either, I think there two great shells, I often have them mixed up in my pockets and wouldn't be able to tell any difference by breaks or recoil.

I use Pro One 8's for DTL - don't notice the recoil at all - I also use 1/4 & 1/2 choke too ;)

You think Sovereign plastics are bad. You want to try the Sovereign fibre.

They smash the living daylights out of me and I don't feel a lot of recoil.

Went out last Sunday 100 sport fibre wad.

Swapped a box Hull Super Fast for a box of Hull Sov 28 gr fibre 8s

My mate wanted to try Super fasts.

Gun is a K 32"skeet chokes.

The Sovs killed me.

Why is this shell so punchy?

I don't normally feel recoil but my god how does anyone shoot these.

They must knock guns to bits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosso

Did your mate comment on the difference in recoil between the Sov's and the Superfast??

DT

Yes. Really liked them. I like them. Next to no recoil compared to Sovs.

They are supposed to both have same ingredients.

The only diff being 27grms in the Fasts.

Don't get it!

Last edited by a moderator:
The only diff being 27grms in the Fasts

Do you honestly Believe that superfast and Sovereign have the same components :phew:  

Don't ask me. That's what gun shops are saying. William Evans Bisley.

What do I know I'm only the mug that helped a mate out by swapping some really good shells for some really expensive crappy ones.

They are 1500 fps or so I'm told.

The only diff being 27grms in the Fasts

Do you honestly Believe that superfast and Sovereign have the same components :phew:  
'Course they have! Little lead balls and some exploding stuff. Same.. ;)

Latest posts

Back