How young are you?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How old are you?

• 0 - 18

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • 19 - 25

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 26 - 31

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • 32 - 38

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • 39 - 45

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • 46 -51

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • 52 - 59

Votes: 17 18.1%
  • 60 - 70

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • 70 +

Votes: 5 5.3%

• Total voters
I must be one of the baby's. I'm 25, I don't think I've met someone yet younger than me at a clay ground other than kids with parent's.

I must be one of the baby's. I'm 25, I don't think I've met someone yet younger than me at a clay ground other than kids with parent's.
I'm old enough to be your mum.  I've just turned 51 but I still don't feel grown up.  There are lots of young shooters out there, some extremely good shots actually.

My local range has a 12 year old a 15 year old a few around 18 and few in early 20s so im feeling like a veteran at my range :p

My local range has a 12 year old a 15 year old a few around 18 and few in early 20s so im feeling like a veteran at my range :p
I must just be one of the youngest on this forum then  :wink:

Strange really as I've tried to get my friends interested but they don't want to know.

Last edited by a moderator:
61 but married life and shift work have took their toll , not to mention lines of coke and dancing girls     bowie iggy pop and lou reed fan .   :blink:  

Currently listening to the Specials while typing..

51, probably look older as had fun along the way. It seemed to me when I started shooting comps in 2005 that it was all middle aged men. Seems a surge of youngsters in last five years though.

Young enough to enjoy LIFE and buying new Guns , old enough to know better .

Don't be so bloody rude , you should not ask a person their age . 

But I am not as young as some of you think. :lol:

54 do I fall under the "youngsters" definition ? I've said it before, all sports spend hugely at promoting thier sports to "the young" and whilst they are at school / college / university this demographic are spoilt for choice, shooting clays requires a fair amount of infrastructure ( not to mention individuals raw cash ) which limits availability, 

In this (West Midlands) region I regularly see at registered events a fair amount of young shots, most, if not all far better shooters than I.

I'm one of the youngn's ... 30 here. 

Although one of the graduates we just employed at work genuinely thought I was 40. Cheeky bint.

Young enough to enjoy LIFE and buying new Guns , old enough to know better .

Don't be so bloody rude , you should not ask a person their age . 

But I am not as young as some of you think. :lol:
Shouldn't put your DOB in your profile if you want  to keep your age a secret  :) :)

I was wondering about the age of the average of a clay shooter so thought I'd ask here. From my limited experience of the folks I see at shoots, it seems as though there aren't many younger people partaking in clay shooting, and I wanted to raise the question with the CPSA to see what they were doing to encourage the younger generation to take up the noble sport. Full disclosure; I'm 37.
I think there are considerably more young uns now than in 86 when I started competing at age 22. There was literally a handful my age on the trap circuit and not that many juniors really. In fact the vast majority of juniors packed in as soon as bank of dad closed its doors and girls and beer were discovered. I think much the same applies now. Much time and money thrown at juniors by parents sponsors and training schemes, there all in for a shock.

ps

I funded myself from very little money. I travelled in a beat up Vauxhall chevette and even gave up beer purely to afford a hundred bird comp every other week. I later gave up cigs for same reason but I never gave up women. ?

Back