How Often Do You Shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HiGuys normally practice in a group we shoot a lot compac and compact fitasc Its great fun!!

Maybe do a comp a month

Tend to shoot about thousand a month

I shoot at least one day at weekends, but am looking to move my shooting on a bit so from April through to October I've booked the afternoons off work for the registered shoots at EJC and Owls Lodge.

I'm shooting mid to high 80s on Sunday morning shoots so it's about time I get out of my comfort zone and start testing myself a bit more.

To a certain extent the Churchill Challenge is helping as there is some competition element to it.

Passing my driving test last October at the grand old age of 32 has helped massively to.

I shoot when its not windy, not raining, not cold.............OK so I don't shoot very often! :laugh:

Not enough for me - too much for my wife  :gamer:

Honestly though - 50 skeet club on a Saturday plus 50-100 practice (unless the wife has planned for me to do something exciting like shopping) - usually try to be home by 2pm

1 Registered 100 clays per month (local) on a Sunday

Occasional Fridays where I could do 100-200

so about 800 shells a month 

1k shells cost £xxx, 500 clays (+50 free) cost £xxxx, a registered at £xx, and Saturday Skeet at £xx = £xxx

That sum has scared me and I have put the X's in in case the wife looks  :pilot:

I'm shooting more and more and getting rapidly worse. Time for a break I think!
I'm the same. I'm shooting more practice now forgetting the comps which don't mean a lot anyway, get up to AC sporting targets and have a good old fashioned bugger about on the skeet and everything else he has up there and just see what works. Scores do not matter so much in this environment.

And its fun. We seem to forget it is supposed to be fun. Some comps are just tooo serious.

Imo you have to consider your "buggering about" as training rather than practice. There is a big difference in the approach.

Rosso are you at AC on Saturdays as I am often there.  Ips I don't bugger about I train properly like a good girl, currently trying to get to grips with my gun down for the over ambitious Fitasc competition I have entered in May.   (smarmy good girl icon - if I could find one and put it here).

Rosso are you at AC on Saturdays as I am often there. Ips I don't bugger about I train properly like a good girl, currently trying to get to grips with my gun down for the over ambitious Fitasc competition I have entered in May. (smarmy good girl icon - if I could find one and put it here).
Good luck with it sian.

I do not pretend to be a coach or an expert at anything in life but I do find that practice is just firing lead in the air with no conclusion. I prefer to set out every Saturday with a specific in mind for instance I may work on refining my stance to find the optimum foot position or I may work on my pre shot routine or whatever but there has to be a conclusion or I feel it was a waste of time. Even if it all goes terribly wrong I like to be able to get home and think. I tried such a thing but it didn't suit so I know I cannot improve on that aspect, sometimes imo it's liberating to try something different if only to confirm what your currently doing is right for you.

We are doing the same thing Ips - It's definitely planned for me because most times I have Mr H with me putting me through my paces on different things whether it is how I stand, how I approach different targets, my set up before taking the shot and now with the gun down, becoming familiar and less awkward feeling with it.  I am also trying to shoot with two eyes open, albeit one covered.  I am allowed a bit of fun on the Compak in the Cowshed but other than that he normally has me shooting with a definite purpose in mind.   

Sian

I have an image in my mind now

Re your "allowed some fun in the cowshed"

Not very romantic your bloke is he ;)

Sian

I have an image in my mind now

Re your "allowed some fun in the cowshed"

Not very romantic your bloke is he ;)
Can"t have everything - that's the name of the building where one of the Compak layouts is.  

Let me define buggering about and having some fun.

Skeet. Trying to hit the birds before the centre peg, quicker and quicker. Changing kill zone on every shot.

Compak. Hit them quick or may be leave them late then later see how far you can leave them, you never know when you get a target you have to shoot like that.

Chokes. Use full choke, use skeet choke on every thing see what the difference is.

Barrels. Take the 32's off put 30's on better on skeet, very quick, puts smile on face.

Pop pops. Use 9's in full choke see what happens. 7's in skeet choke see what happens.

The Remmies. Always nice to kill the spiders living in them.

Yes that's what I call training / practice.

Or may be I'v got it wrong.

Just saying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds feasible training for sporting.

Ps

No offence was intended by the way. Just a general two peneth worth not aimed at any specific person parrot or post; )

Last edited by a moderator:
100 clays a month! Terrible I know but work, weather, fishing,and the money factor all play a part!! But I enjoy it so who cares,will never be a world champ but a good way to spend a Saturday morning and a bit of lunch on way home! Gonna try and make any comps I can this year only local but tend to shoot a bit better knowing u have too!

Back