How Often Do You Shoot?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not letting the cold put me off. But I'm bloody well looking forward to the warm! (I do let the rain put me off..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing puts me off and Matt you are looking very dapper.

Typically 150-200 practice clays per week and a 100 ESP Reg every other week on average throughout the year.

Not very much at the moment due to needing a knee op and also the rugby season (lad plays minis) but hope to shoot more once my knee is sorted. I'm only 38 so hopefully have many years ahead to go shooting...

1 or 2 registered DTL every weekend, plus occasion practise round! Add that to all of the major DTL events I'm booked and the England selection shoots on too it soon adds up!

I do 100-200 clays a week. I do a bit of rough shooting on couple of farms and 100-300 rnds .308 monthly weather dependant .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

1 x100 reg sporting a week. And I used to shoot 50 to 100 skeet on Wednesday nights when lakenheath was open. Hopefully start again when eriswell opens.

I like to get out most weekends, may miss the odd one over winter.

Sat is normally a local shoot. Sunday's mean travelling further afield to a reg shoot.

I try to fit in a shoot in the week, practice / lesson etc

Last year I shot 9k +

Local 60 bird shoot on a Saturday then maybe off to one of the local grounds for another 50-100. 100 reg esp every Sunday plus 1-2 goes at the pool shoot. Looking at 2-300 targets a week.

I usually do 2 x 100 DTL comps a weekend & practice when time permits (rarely) + the Major DTL comps & hopefully the England selection shoots

Also get some ABT in now & again

As much as I can afford!!! Almost 10,000 shells last year. We are very limited in Scotland for registered sporting and FITASC shoots, so about 2000 registered targets in Scotland per year and another 600+ down south, about 1,000 game/pigeon shells the rest unregistered comps, practice and pool shoots...

For me 100 clays a week - would love to do more but losing 50% of everything I own through the divorce courts prevents me from shooting more. Simple the more you shoot the better you get, my scores are on a downward trend :-(

During winter, rifle only. There's very few weekends where I don't have other commitments or the weathers foul. During the season it varies but usually 200ish targets a week.

It's selective though. Like most trapshooters I maximise my advantage and only shoot competition when the weather is conducive to good scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's selective though. Like most trapshooters I maximise my advantage and only shoot competition when the weather is conducive to good scores.
It has taken me 28 yrs to be able to stop myself from shooting reg comp in winter regardless of weather. As you say Jan wind, cold and rain are not conducive to trap shooting and can begger you right up.

50 sporting, 25 compak on 2 sundays a month

and 100 in the week when i,m off

i work 5 on / 5 off, so try to fit in around work

I shoot two times a week, about a case of ammo (250 rounds) per day. No such thing as "winter" here in San Diego, CA so... it's all year round. Unfortunately, we don't have good sporting clays courses nearby so I gotta drive to LA or further for that. Otherwise, it's mostly 5 Stand, or as you call it Compaq. I wish I could shoot more...

Latest posts

Back