How much do you pay for 100ESP comp?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkside

Guys, I was at Auchterhouse yeasterday, the first 100 registered ESP of the year up here, booked in and got a shock...£45 comp or £41? B/O :eek:   Now, we are talking 10 stands of 5 pairs, no squading, 103 enterys, hard standing car park, tidy ground, good clubhouse, and a "free" B/O entry to the pool shoot worth £1.50, I am the first one to say grounds have to make a profit...but £45...now I know why some people refer to it as Auchtergreedy!?!?

What are you boys down south paying for 100 registered ESP? Is £45 on the steep side or am I just tight...?

That is steep.

EJ Churchills (thought by many to be the most expensive in the area - West of London) - is £37.50 Comp / £32.50 BO - most of the others are sub £40 in the area.

Guys, I was at Auchterhouse yeasterday, the first 100 registered ESP of the year up here, booked in and got a shock...£45 comp or £41? B/O :eek:   Now, we are talking 10 stands of 5 pairs, no squading, 103 enterys, hard standing car park, tidy ground, good clubhouse, and a "free" B/O entry to the pool shoot worth £1.50, I am the first one to say grounds have to make a profit...but £45...now I know why some people refer to it as Auchtergreedy!?!?

What are you boys down south paying for 100 registered ESP? Is £45 on the steep side or am I just tight...?
£35-£37 is the norm for comp entry.

If I were running a shoot that could only attract 50 entries due to poor geographical location, then more would be reasonable, but for 100+ entries that seems high.

Not worth driving far to a cheaper one of course. I did Northants a few weeks ago. £40 in diesel to get there and back..

Yes you are paying too much, in Somerset I pay £33 for birds only and £38 for competition. You are being robbed 

Oakedge is £34 comp with a £200 high gun, Doveridge £34 comp, Kingsley Moor £32 comp, all registered, £45 seems very steep to me.

EJC used to charge £48 on a Saturday and got about 25 entries. They now charge £37.50, on a Thursday and get about 70 entries.

I thought £38 charged for 100 ESP at Caterham registered last year was ridiculous all things considered. Round here £35 is about right, one or two are less some a couple of quid more, but for £45 I'd want a full English in a classy club house.

Caterham was £37 yesterday. I made sure I made full use of their bucket. :) (Well, not FULL use..)

How many stands at Caterham, is the toilet still in the same place ??

Do they have a pool shoot, its been awhile since i visited there.

What about Horne CPC grounds ??

How many stands at Caterham, is the toilet still in the same place ??

Do they have a pool shoot, its been awhile since i visited there.

What about Horne CPC grounds ??
Caterham is unchanged since I first went in 2005. That includes the bucket, although some of the spiders are new.
No pool shoot. Sunday was 11 stands with 3 using a single following target. Great bit of ground that is in need of a slightly better management team. They also toughen up the shoot when it is registered and slightly overdo it IMO. HG of 92 yesterday, next man up on 87; both TOP shots.

Horne, still has the two grounds doing mainly Open shoots, some reg, as Court Farm was yesterday. It is actually awkward and tricky, while Gatton Bottom is a higher scoring round. Portaloos and catering van. £35 comp entry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this sporting mallarkey is ruddy expensive ??

For comparison trap is around £26 BO £32 Comp (give or take a pound or so)

Wow, this sporting mallarkey is ruddy expensive ??

For comparison trap is around £26 BO £32 Comp (give or take a pound or so)
Yes, a tasty beef sandwich served by a waitress is more expensive than two slices of plain bread from your own fridge too. :)

Afternoon

You must also take into account that there is a £4 levy on your entry in Scotland for the SCTA.

I believe there is no levy in Englandshire is this correct?

Back