Hot barrels

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike L

last time back in the UK, I did a sim game day putting 400+ through the gun.

it got to a stage where reloading was a hot handed exercise!, do you guys just wear a glove a la Michael Jackson, or is there a nifty gadget on the market to cover/shroud the barrels?

mike

You can buy leather slip on hand guards for Side by Sides, most O/U clay shooters don't fire enough shells rapidly enough to cause problems but I have to admit to having thought about sticking a thin sliver of sorbothane to the side of the barrel on the left and above the fore end to save my left thumb from heat and worse, distraction on the last couple of pairs.

Surely one just passes the gun to ones man as he hands you the other gun of the matched pair!

Jeeves' white gloves will protect the gun from getting any of the helps skin from sticking to the smoking metalwork!

:)

Industrial pigskin glove sort used by Truckers to tie immigrants down.

last time back in the UK, I did a sim game day putting 400+ through the gun.

it got to a stage where reloading was a hot handed exercise!, do you guys just wear a glove a la Michael Jackson, or is there a nifty gadget on the market to cover/shroud the barrels?
A barrel full of water next to peg 5. Just pop your barrels in before you move to peg 1. 

It's not the heat that's the issue, it's the haze above the rib that distorts the target image.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe something water cooled like the old WW1 Vickers....you'll just need to carry a can of water around with you. 

Latest posts

Back