Horne - Gatton Bottom - 15th April (2nd of the day)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
So, second half of a double header saw us make the 15 minute trip from Caterham to Horne Gatton Bottom - half empty car park when we arrived, quick burger and then booked on and straight round. The morning rush was over, and we didn't have any queues as we headed round the 11 stands.

Opened up with a pair of crossers l/r followed by a flatter r/l, stand two was the traditional sim pair of manually trapped blaze clays - seems to be a feature of Horne, still missable as they are so close up. There was a a following pair of o/h loopers and a really quikc pair of sim g/a right to lefts from the tower - underneath your feet and easily missable.

Next up was a fast l/r crosser through the woods followed by a flat teal and then a following pair of r/l crossers. In the middle was an incoming mini, followed by a left/right crosser which caught a few people out. There was a wicked stand with a flat edge on battue followed by another teal which really tested you out for gunspeed. In the top woods there was a slow l/r rabbit with a quick g/a bird off the tower. Stand 11 was a r/l teal followed by a flat g/a bird that needed quick shooting before heading out into a clearing.

Nothing too testing although the breeze got up a bit which made a few targets interesting. I didn't find the targets that imaginative - and seeing the manually thrown sim pair AGAIN depressed me a little.

I finished up with a 72ex100 - which was well behind some of the others already in c-class - but a lovely run round an OK layout. As we finished up, George Digweed was just arriving - for what must have been a third or fourth shoot of the day...

I very nearly went to this Matt but the thought of that idiotic pair is too much like Groundhog Day :.: , so had a nap instead. I have mentioned this to them a couple of times but they don't appear to listen to constructive criticism do they. I know it's not possible but there really ought to be a minimum standard required for registered events stands which would consign such pairs to the bin for ever.

Agree Hamster... I don't know if they think it is a bit of an 'in joke'?

That's one of the reasons I stopped shooting Horne.......you can cut and paste that review, change the date and re post ad infinitum. Along with the spotty 'yoofs' paying more attention to their text messages and bumming cigarettes than paying attention to the clays.........

Yes Ed I am and NO you cannot use my gun :.: I am shooting Sunday afternoon so i am there to partake in the shoot off ^_^

Back