Horne CPC - Gatton Bottom - 22/01/12

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ExSCA

ShootClay Admin
Back in the registered shoot saddle this week, and a trip round the M25 with CleverSC3 and Tony B for 100 ESP at the other Horne CPC layout at Gatton BottomParked underneath the M25 bridge – and walked into a very muddy car park – Cheryls catering van on the left, booking in cabin on the right – no club house, so a quick bacon sammich and coffee and then off up the hill for the layout.Overall – a pretty good layout, a combination of straightable stands, and some really tricky ones – started off with my traditional straight (on stand 2) and then wandered round all out of order to try and beat the queues, stands were as follows:

• Mini incomer O/R Right to Left fast crosser - crosser caught me out
  • R/L crosser O/R Teal straight away 
  • Overhead right to left – following pair
  • Platform – sim pair of going away, fast and low – difficult to pick up against the field
  • Right to left bunny O/R fast pink left to right crosser, very flat, edge on and virtually invisible against the field – this really caught me out, and left me wanting new glasses, almost impossible to pickup although CleverSC3 found it and smashed 'em
  • Quartering left to right with O/R teal
  • R/L simo pair – high and quartering – nice targets
  • Long flat low incomer that was like a frisbee on the wind O/R right to left battue
  • L/R simo curling pair one off a tower, that caught some out with some gentle changes in direction,
  • The Horne traditional manual trap simo pair left to right – chance to save cartridges, although I didn't!
  • Teal following pair – lazy stand really, could have done with another trap and something more interesting
I took a 70 – probably dropped 4 or 5 due to some stupid mistakes – so overall, impressed – it ties with my best registered score – I really need to break 70 soon!For the ground – like the other Horne – there are a few things I'd like to see, gun racks – some dry standing – but the targets are good and we had a lovely day in the shadow of the M25!

Last edited by a moderator:
One nice little touch down there. Concrete paving slabs set in the ground in each stand. A cheap solution for a muddy shoot!CSC3

I toyed with the idea of doing this one but in the end decided against the 120 mile round trip for the pleasure of going away perma-feature./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-confused.gif/wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-wink.gif It wouldn't take much to turn this into a really good round you know./wp-content/forum-smileys/sf-smile.gif

I would agree Hamster - about 3 stands shy of a really good round

Back