Hodnet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really believe in Planning/Noise applications it should be a majority therefore people could vote for and against...would stop the odd winging tw*t from effing everything up!

In my view, if a buyer of a property wishes to purchase a house that is next to, or in close proximity to a venue that hosts a sport that has, as a byproduct loud noises and is a WELL established venue for that sport, then they have NO right  of appeal to the council on noise issues.

Surely their solicitor would have done local searches and brought this issue to light.  IF I moved to live under the flight path of aircraft flying into and out of Heathrow,what do you think of the chances of me getting them to stop......

Its fricking ridiculous that someone can jeopardise a well established ground and their livelihood like this.

Unless there has been a second Notice issued, I believe this took place a number of years ago. A record of shoots held, along with an approximation of numbers of shots fired, was required to be kept.  It only takes ONE person to complain and regardless of how established a ground is, the 'Planner' will have a field day (so to speak). The problem is the cost to the ground to defend any action brought against it. One local ground that I go to,  went through hell and high water to try and appease the local Council Planning Department.  Having been advised to build earth banks, by the 'Inspector', they went ahead, hired a digger and built the banking. 6 months later that 'Inspector' moved on and his successor made them remove the earth banks because............."they did not have planning permission"  ???   It cost that ground quite a few thousand pounds to defend the Council ruling and eventually they won the day, BUT not without several appeals and a petition of over 1000 names. The person bringing the action did NOT live on the premises, but wanted to open a riding school. It only needs 1 person to complain to start things off and regardless of Surveyors reports etc. many Solicitors are aware of that fact.  I know of 1 person who bought a house with a bus stop outside, shortly after moving in they started their campaign. less than 12 months later, the bus stop has been moved  ! 

Latest posts

Back