High Lodge Review

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S.Deaville

High Lodge

The log cabins are of a very high standard, from the moment you walk in it feels homely and they are very well looked after. The whole cabin has underfloor heating and the heating was on when we arrived.

The kitchen is fully stocked with every utensil you can think of, and every electrical item needed in a kitchen there really is everything you need. The open plan style of the log cabins is also a bonus as they have used the space well.

The hot tub was nice and warm when we checked in, another welcoming gesture! The beds are very comfy, they don't appear to have cut any corners in providing high class cabins.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming, there is a club house that provides very nice home cooked food, we have breakfast and lunch there plus lots of tea and home cooked cakes!
There is a small shop on the grounds that sells some shooting clothing although it is limited.

As we went in February it was winter hours so that meant the club house stopped serving food at 2pm, there are a few local pubs that did lovely food. We had steak one evening in the kings head which is a short drive down the road and it was lovely. There are a few towns as you make your way to highlodge that has shops to buy amenities should you need to.

The layout and shooting facilities are very good with over 15 Sporting Layouts. High tower with some very high distance crossers to keep the best of you entertained. 

Fitasc, Compact Sporting its all under one roof. 3 Skeet Layouts and a DTL. The ground is immaculate in every way. 

They have a safe to lock your guns away of an evening and they have numerous guns for hire, the hire is £5 per day, we took our own cartridges and the clays were 25 pence each. The grounds are well maintained and there is a lot of variety, due to the time of year we went it wasn't very busy, however due to the layout there is plenty to do. 

The location is near thorpeness, southwold, snape and aldeburgh so there are picturesque places to visit that are within driving distance.
IMG_1137_zpsda55cff3.jpg

IMG_1135_zpsff8374ee.jpg

IMG_1138_zps06ab9c66.jpg

IMG_1139_zps48a57915.jpg

IMG_1140_zps3d72a3ca.jpg

IMG_1141_zps5bb09f9d.jpg

Have to agree with the review-we were there in early Feb and had a great time!

It was terrific value too!

Sorry I didn't get more pictures of the shooting ground etc. it was so bloody cold ended up in the Hot Tub

In the snow. :)

Look great.  Were those the VIP Lodges then (I believe there are regular as well)?

Would I need a second mortgage...even off peak?

Yes that was a VIP Lodge. Not really sure what the difference is tho.

The prices are on the website but i think its great value for us shooters.

Great review, really looking forward to our visit in just over a week, how many lessons did you have and how many shells did you use, will a couple of slabs be ok?

got 4 sessions booked, ta, Growl

We didn't have any lessons while there. Just shot as and when we wanted.

I shot just over 500. We arrived Friday dinner and went home Monday morning. If the weather had been

better to us i am sure i would have shot a lot more. 

You are going to love it mate.

Back