Help firing pins/springs

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dyosk

Can anybody help with a frustraiting problem? I have a browning citron and a miroku 600. Both which are inconsistently firing the second barrel.

The miroku has v springs and was checked by a gunsmith and had good strike from both firing pins? The v spring is difficult to find as it is an old gun.

Thee citori had two new slightly more powerful/ longer springs put in.

Back to the range with a selection of cartridges from fiocchi/ rc/lyalvale/eley to see how they would perform.

Started off perfectly on the second barrels then back into inconsistent firing.the cartridge was marked lightly which I would then put into the first barrel and fire normally.

No difference detected between brands.

So should I go for an aftermarket kit for both such as those available in the US? Is there something else I should be looking at ?

Apologies for the long post but it is so frustrating which I thought was resolved?

Any help much appreciated

Surely the firing pins are worn, or the guides they sit in are full of muck? Always worth cleaning that out as first check.

Firing pins got to be worth re checking. Remember they wear from the back as well as the front so can look fine but can have a bit of hardly noticible wear to the back which will cause light strikes.

When you say 2nd barrel which barrel do you mean, Top or Bottom...

The reason i ask is the my Browning 425 will not fire a certain cartridge from the bottom barrel.

i had pins replaced but still no bang..

i have been told that i need to have an upgraded spring put in bottom so it hits the cartridge harder

Second barrel being the top one for me. I had a look at those aftermarket kits from the US, they may we'll be the answer. I had more powerful springs put in the citori but still issues with all brands of cartridge.

Thanks instill give them a go.

Unusual for top barrel to be the faulty one.

Check firing pin protrusion, it needs to be about 1.5mm

If you are Midlands based I could have a look at it for you.

Hi salopian unfortunately I'm in the north east ( must put it on my profile) I will check the protrusion. Should they be 1.5 mm uncocked ? If so it could be the problem as they are barely flush with the face of the action ?

Thanks very much for the help

David

Just wondering, a little unusual to have both guns suffering the same problem at the same time, tend to think something other than a mechanical fault may be to blame..

something common to both guns ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is strange and frustrating, that's why I've tried 9 different cartridges form 5 different manufacturers. All suffered the same fate, other than loading them in not sure what else I can be doing to influence it .

I do have a baretta skeet gun which isn't suffering the same problems.

All thoughts gratefully received. At this stage I'm thinking get new firing pins in both, get some after market US upgrades for the citori and just have to see if the pins work for the miroku.

Latest posts

Back