Hello

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunc

Hi all

I'm perhaps slightly unusual in that I don't shoot clays/shotguns myself!  (Much!)

My main interest is in shooting on my farm/vermin control (rimfire/ 223 Tikka / and sometimes shotgun) and 10m air rifle where I'm reasonably competitive!  (Div 1 in one postal league and Div 2 in another)  But I have shot a lot of fullbore in the past and ran a service rifle shooting team for 5 years.

However, I do spend a lot of time at clay shoots, as my son is really keen and we (he) shoots at least 4 days a week - Sat practice (usually) at Oxford Gun Company and 2 registered shoots on a Sunday as well as Wed and Thurs evening shooting at Churchills after work.  Going through 1000 cartidges every 10-14 days!

He is a member of the Elite Clay Shooting Academy run by Phil Coley and is just back from a superb Academy Training Camp run by Phil with Ben Husthwaite as guest coach, so he's even more enthusiastic.

Will be posting later re requesting advice on coaching but at the moment, 'Hi' to all and thanks for letting me join your forum. :)

Welcome Dunc  :hunter:

Good luck to the boy, and who knows, maybe you'll get the bug too?

Welcome Dunc  :hunter:

Good luck to the boy, and who knows, maybe you'll get the bug too?
Ha-ha!  Tempted, but can't afford for both of us to shoot!   Match pellets for my 10m target air rifle are about £9 for 500 and targets are negligible !! :yes:

Back