Hello from South Texas (USA)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Just joined ShootClay.com, and wanted to say "Hello" from South Texas !!! I am a 30 year competitive shotgunner and previously for the past 8 years the President of the Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club. Finally turned over the reigns to a new President, but I sit on the Board of Directors. Our small, local club has 2 skeet fields, 2 trap fields, a country doubles field (local South Texas game) and a 5-stand sporting clays range. Just strictly a shotgun range, no rifle, pistol or anything else except shotgun.

We lost our lease on a range we had been at for over 50 years, so we leased land adjacent to the Victoria Regional Airport, and I drew up and designed the range, from a clean slate of grass and fields besides the main runway. Fields lay-out to the North-East, per NSSA/ATA recommendations. We throw targets AWAY from the direction of the runway, but we are still over 500 yards away. Everything is layed out per safety outfall distances, per NSSF and the other organizations distance requirements.

If any of y'all every venture over to my part of South Texas, feel free to contact me, and be my guest at our range. You can find out more about us at: http://www.victoriaskeetandtrapclub.com

Have a great day everyone,

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike - welcome aboard - hope you enjoy ShootClay - lovely to have you here, any questions - please let the admin team know.

Welcome Mike!

I have friends in Dallas, and Houston and want to get out for the NSSA Worlds in San Antonio at some point! Only shooting 12GA at the moment as shoot a semi auto but my dream is a K80 with tubes :)

Cheers,

Jon.

Welcome Mike - looking forward to my trip to Northbrook later this year, and can't wait to do some shooting in the US. From what I've seen, I'm going to be very jealous of the facilities you put together over there. Enjoy the forum :)

Welcome aboard mike,i shot for wales in the worlds last April in san Antonio,also shot the classic had a brill time, stayed over for about 10 days, how far is that from you.

Back