Hello from down under

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iwat

Hello from Western Australia from the map it looks like I'm the only from down here who has found this forum.

I got back into the sport after 30 years 2 1/2 years ago and am loving it. I have 682 gold E X trap and skeet guns along with a B1 Browning that I first used as a 10 year old with my grandfather in Yorkshire 43 years ago.

I'm always looking to learn and hopefully I can pickup some tips and ideas here.

All the best to you all,

Ian.

Welcome aboard Ian - look forward to hearing about the shooting down there, would love to hear how easy/difficult it is to get shooting in Oz and what the Shooting Grounds are like - possibly a bit different from Yorkshire!

Hi Ian, welcome to the forum, have fun. Guess it must be difficult shooting up side down! .

I find it enough of a challenge the right way up.

Thank you all for the welcome.

I'm about 280km south of Perth near Kojonup we have a local clay target club of which I'm president and have membership hovering around the 20  mark most of which are basically social shooters. We have a shoot once a month. There are several other clubs within an hours drive so getting shooting isn't hard if you are prepared to travel. Because of the distances involved we also have a lot of two day shoots. Where a club puts on a shoot over the whole weekend. These attract people from all over the state with the bigger ones seeing shooters traveling 1000 or more km. Numbers wise an average 2 day shoot will attract about 70 shooters and the bigger ones up to 200.

The majority of our shooting is straight double barrel where as I believe over there you shoot what we call points score.

There is talk of us heading towards more point score or single barrel events because of the expense to both clubs and shooters of shooting long shoot off's possible with the double barrel format.

We have basically no live game shooting in WA apart from vermin such as rabbits.

Sporting clays and simulated field shoots are gaining popularity but DTL remains by far the most popular.

Hopefully that gives you a little insight into how things are down here.

Cheers Ian.

Back