Having a Lay Off from Shooting

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chubby

Ok so I made the mistake of not shooting for 4 months, and then went to Churchill's yesterday to shoot their challenge!

Oh dear i could not believe how rusty you get, gun in the wrong place, feet wrong, lifting my head and generally missing.

Any one else think that a break helps only to find that you have to start all over again. :crazy:

No way could I shoot 200 targets in one day at this moment, so how many targets do I need shoot to regain my fantastic

scores? (i am joking Steve)

Ok so I made the mistake of not shooting for 4 months, and then went to Churchill's yesterday to shoot their challenge!

Oh dear i could not believe how rusty you get, gun in the wrong place, feet wrong, lifting my head and generally missing.

Any one else think that a break helps only to find that you have to start all over again. :crazy:

No way could I shoot 200 targets in one day at this moment, so how many targets do I need shoot to regain my fantastic

All depends, if you're a B class shooter it's unlikely having a few months off would relegate you to C scores but I can see someone used to shooting hundreds of shells a week and knocking 92+ as a matter of course may find they need a few weeks to get back to peak form. I have had two prolonged (weeks/months) breaks, first one due to mortgage when I bought my first house in 92 but remember taking HG on my first shoot back.

I'm on a shooting break too - albeit enforced. The current Mrs. Stones did a dying swan impression in the kitchen last week and broke her right arm and two bones in her left hand. So, being wingless, she is totally helpless and guess who is now a full-time carer? Life is not pleasant at the moment.

Hope Mrs S is OK Ian - I know you love being a carer really!

I'm on a shooting break too - albeit enforced. The current Mrs. Stones did a dying swan impression in the kitchen last week and broke her right arm and two bones in her left hand. So, being wingless, she is totally helpless and guess who is now a full-time carer? Life is not pleasant at the moment.
Gosh Ian poor thing. Give her my best. No fab cakes for a while....you will starve..!

Look after her well.

That sounds Bad Ian, does that mean you have to drive back from the pub as well? i hope she is well soon.

Sorry to hear this Ian and send her our best wishes for a prompt recovery!

I had to read your post twice as I noted the word "current" and then life not being pleasant but you'll do OK looking after her and it'll be cheaper than a change! Bake her a nice cake!  No doubt she'll tell you how to do it!   :)   ;)

My wife says that you'll appreciate her all the more when she's better again!

I took a 6 week break over Xmas and new year, done me the world of good (mentally). Hadn't enjoyed shooting in cold/wet/windy conditions the 3 shots before my break. I could feel myself switching off, going through the motions, hurrying to get finished!!! Thought, bugger this, not enjoying this like I should be, I'm shooting for the sake of it learning nothing!?!? So, went cold turkey for 6 weeks. Got to my birthday, 11 January and all I wanted to do was shoot. Took my wife to button to a good practice ground, took my time, watched a pair before I shot each stand, shot 4 pairs on each stand, went trough the whole mental routine before calling for the clays. Shot 50 or so FITASC practice to finish and really enjoyed it

Ouch, hope for your sake she recovers quick.

ps

do not I repeat do not get good at any type of housework, do like I do, pretend to be an idiot about such things otherwise you will regret it :)

seriously though I wish her a speedy recovery.

. That's selfish Ian!! It's about time your missus gave up that break dancing!! Speedy recovery I hope

Last edited by a moderator:

For her or you??????

Latest posts

Back