Hating my place of work

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LancsLad

Where I work we aren't allowed to take mobile phones in to the office and have to lock them up in cupboards outside. So reason why I'm hating my work at the moment is just missed a phone call from Lancashire Firearms to arrange my home visit for my SGC (less than 2 weeks since I applied for it). Looks like phone tennis of leaving each other messages over the next few days for me then.

Where I work we aren't allowed to take mobile phones in to the office and have to lock them up in cupboards outside. So reason why I'm hating my work at the moment is just missed a phone call from Lancashire Firearms to arrange my home visit for my SGC (less than 2 weeks since I applied for it). Looks like phone tennis of leaving each other messages over the next few days for me then.
Bit of a pain. I think I had my visit within 3 weeks of application but still had to wait another 6 weeks to get the SGC..... That was a very long 6 weeks.

Jeez what a pain. I suppose if its a safety thing such as it might set a nuclear reactor into overdrive, fair enough, but other than not answering it or using it when impolite then what reason is there for wanting them left outside?

is the job top pay , if not move on  , bloody silly rules , life's too short ,   sorry what your a what      gynaecologist     oh oh   fair enough !   

​You have my sympathy.  We have similar security regs in parts of my office.  Causes all sorts of issues, like not being able to check ShootClay while standing around waiting for something to happen, but c'est la vie.

Good luck with the FEO, I'm sure you'll manage to speak to each other soon enough.

​I know exactly what you mean, when I was an FEO it was impossible trying to make appointments to visit people to inspect security etc. especially when they refused to answer their bloody phone !

I work for the UK arm of a global defence company in "Harry Potter World" as it's called at work (chamber of secrets) who are MASSIVLEY in to security. People can apparantly piggy back off your wireless network even if it isn't turned on so we have to lock them outside the offices and go check them every now and again. I'll have to keep going out tomorrow to call him and hope I catch him at his desk. 

I work for the UK arm of a global defence company in "Harry Potter World" as it's called at work (chamber of secrets) who are MASSIVLEY in to security. People can apparantly piggy back off your wireless network even if it isn't turned on so we have to lock them outside the offices and go check them every now and again. I'll have to keep going out tomorrow to call him and hope I catch him at his desk. 
Email?

What I really need is a home visit by Bedfordshire FEO. I only spend 3 days a month in Lancashire where I've had to apply because I'm registered up there and temporary down in Bedford. The first safe that needs to go in is where I lodge in Bedford. I'll put safe in later in Lancashire if I decide to take my SG home for the weekend that I have the kids. 

With respect. Your company cannot have very good security protocol if you are allowed to have your full name on social media.

Just saying. 

With respect. Your company cannot have very good security protocol if you are allowed to have your full name on social media.

Just saying. 
Hi Ips, it's ok to be on social media just not talk about the projects you work on. I haven't said what company or what project I work on so am being careful. What's funny is they give you work phones (mobiles) but you have to lock them outside the room in a cupboard, ..

Lancs lad

For some reason I can't open a text box on message.

Pm me then I can hopefully  reply to it. 

Cheers 

Latest posts

Back