Gunsite & 4C's double header, 21st April

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, me and Hazel went to Gunsite only on Sunday for the first time. Well as been stated before the facilities are limited at the moment however there was toilets and a catering van availble. We didn't arrive until 12:30ish some not much waiting around to shoot each stand in fact most I went straight into.

The course was pretty good although there seemed a lot of edge on clays being presented. The only stand I thought that was a bit silly was the close rabbit, which was running around 10- 15ft in front and up a motorcross jump and L - R going away bird, the rabbit broke on the first 3 times of calling and was adjusted by the site staff although it still broke at least twice for Hazel. The going away bird was difficult to see through the fence at the top of the bank. Some of resonable leeed required on some of the birds. Overall I think Sean Ponting and John Peck set a good course.

I shot a 54 which I was pleased with as I was using my Browning Ultra trap gun choked 3/4 and full which meant decesent smoke from the clays when on them. Once I realised that the gun was Isis pad was sticking on my vest to much I changed to a gun up shooting which helped

Results from GunSite (from a text from Sean):

HG : Martin Myers - 96

AA

Jt 1st : R King / P Batchelor - 94

3rd : J Morris - 93

Jt 4th : P Thomas / S Rudling - 92

A

1st : T. Dunbar - 88

2nd : D Ponting - 87

3rd / 4th  Evans/Martin (no score listed)

B

1st : T. Keysor - 82

2nd : K Fisher - 79

3rd D Cooper - 78

4th G Smith - 77

C

Jt 1st : Martin Tipper / C Paris - 74

3rd N Roberts 73

Jt 4th - B Luke / P Davis - 71

Ladies - A Gallagher 80

Junior J Deadman

Gunsite.

Another good shoot from sean with varying targets from the close rabbit as said to some fast long stuff across the bank,a couple of floaty incomers that you could quite easily miss if you didn't give them full consentration all in all good mix of targets.

Thought i had shot crap as i didn't start to well but finish on 74 so not to bad.

4C's

As always a good set up from Brian.Not the usual going away woodcock on stand one but a pair of rabbits that i really struggled to get my head round.Then there was a pair of simo teal which i didnt fair to bad on. Down in the clearing between the two woods there was a r/l crosser followed by a l/r long fast midi at distance which needed a far bit of respect 7ex8 on this one just dropping off the back of one of the long midi's.Again a very good mix which need to be thought about.

Again thought i hadn't faired to well but finished with 77 which took the honours for C class. :hunter:   :hunter:

So two good shoots and the company wasn't to bad either. :)

So that's two c-class wins Tiptop! Nice shooting!

Do you get the aggregate prize as well?

No it was for B class this time. i think Sue said it was won by T keysor that won B at gunsite.

You'd better hope its for B class next time mate, cost thats where you will be in June.
The sand, oh Lord, the sand...

Well done matey, top bombing!  I'm hanging in C for the next issue - should be easier with you outta the way!  :biggrin:
Just have to settle for C class win in the EO,and B class wins in the Classic and Beretta world then.  :good:  Oh and the gamebore gold cup :haha:

Gunsite.
Another good shoot from sean with varying targets from the close rabbit as said to some fast long stuff across the bank,a couple of floaty incomers that you could quite easily miss if you didn't give them full consentration all in all good mix of targets.
Thought i had shot crap as i didn't start to well but finish on 74 so not to bad.

4C's
As always a good set up from Brian.Not the usual going away woodcock on stand one but a pair of rabbits that i really struggled to get my head round.Then there was a pair of simo teal which i didnt fair to bad on. Down in the clearing between the two woods there was a r/l crosser followed by a l/r long fast midi at distance which needed a far bit of respect 7ex8 on this one just dropping off the back of one of the long midi's.Again a very good mix which need to be thought about.
Again thought i hadn't faired to well but finished with 77 which took the honours for C class. :hunter:   :hunter:

So two good shoots and the company wasn't to bad either. :)

Well shot mate :) pleasure to shoot round with ya again .

The silence is deafening boys!

Anyone going to let us know what happened??  :mail:
Glad you started this tony, I was thinking the same two good grounds and no one started a post about them....you know young tom the keeper lad who comes with me know and then he won the aggregate in B class also first in B at gunsite.....I was gutted as had to miss them both...

Sorry for the late results - normal life gets in the way! 

High Gun - R May 90

AA Class:  R A King 88

M Langford 88

A Class:  C Goodman  84

B Class:  C May 79

C Class:  Lord Sandy Tipper 77

B Class Aggregate Score with Gunsite was indeed T Keysor with a combined score of 159.

Please note:  Pull magazine is incorrect AGAIN in the May issue - the next Registered is the 19th May, not the 12th

Glad you started this tony, I was thinking the same two good grounds and no one started a post about them....you know young tom the keeper lad who comes with me know and then he won the aggregate in B class also first in B at gunsite.....I was gutted as had to miss them both...
yes the suspense was a bit drawn out Well shot Tiptop :thumbsu:   two very good scores to take the honours there, think the way your shooting at present you'll hold your own in B class to mate  !

The silence is deafening boys!

Anyone going to let us know what happened??  :mail:
I should of stayed at home bud , really didnt feel well and my face was burnt by sulphur from the fret' I was putting on the fields the day before .. looked like a tomato on legs !! .. Never been so glad to get home from shooting .
Anyway I'm on the mend and will be back out there Sunday :)

Latest posts

Back