Great Scottish Match today!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertBeard

Well I just have to say something about this!  My rifle shooting has been c**p for a few years now.  I bought a Gemini aluminium stock and haven't got on with it so sold it but returning to my Anschutz rainbow 1913 laminated stock did not improve things.  Anyway I've had a 6 month layoff due to a back operation and got selected to shoot for Devon today, on the grounds that I was prepared to travel to Cornwall whereas lots of others were not, for the annual Wincanton scottish match against Cornwall.  We shot the match shoulder to shoulder at Garker range, St Austell in teams of 6.  Devon came second but I shot a blinder and was both top shot for Devon and beat all the Cornish as well and scored 194 ex 200, 193 ex 200 and 195 ex 200 to give a total of 582 ex 600.  Now was it the new batch of 5,000 rounds of Eley Match ammo suiting my rifle, rejuvenated concentration after a layoff or everything coming together! Goodness knows but whatever it was it worked!  Got a big smile on my face tonight!

Back