Grangefarm sporting 11/8/13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoR

Thought I'd do a little review for this shoot I'm not used to doing this but thought I'd have a go......

As always a warm welcome with a brew and chat with mates before we get going brekkie is good here although I settle for a bacon /egg cob.....mmmmmmm suitably full up off to the car and get kitted out.

I have just changed my beretta and today is going to be the first day of real testing although I did get out last week a quick round with poor results,I had niggiling doubts in my new iron which I promptly let all my shooting buddies know about.

So I had a quick warm up on the pool shot, i was dire .......

We moved on to the nearest stand which happens to be the last one if shooting in order

R-l battue on report going away 1/4 std 7 ex 8, it came together much to my surprise

Next stand

Sim pair 1/4 std from small trailer over left shoulder dire this time 3 ex 8 wind effected but I'm just making excuses....

Watching the rest of my squad break more than me its back to blaming my iron.......

Next stand

Up by The lake driven bumble bee with r-l std on report bang dropped one this time ........I love driven targets especially little minis it feels good when they vaporise.

Next stand

Sim pair std crossers l - r very tricky target tempted to shoot furthest bird first but have to shoot nearest before it hits the deck....hmmmmm 5 ex 8 .....

Next stand

Rabbit r-l on report midi crosser l-r 6 ex 8.

Next stand

Sim teals ........ High sim teals over the trees. 6 ex 8......

Next stand

Overhead going away quickly dropping on report driven std ........5 on this.....

Next stand

Long range rabbit l-r 1/4 away on report upside down r-l std looper.......hit all the loopers missed every rabbit.

Next stand

Blaze std 1/4 going away r-l on report looping battue l-r.

Next stand

Sim pair midi and std l- r this just wasn't happening for me I hit 1........just 1 completely got it wrong and threw what was left of my card down the pan

Next stand

Battue 1/4 in coming r - l on report sat crossing std again all the batts only one std for me

Now I finished on 62 which is not too bad for me an average c class shooter, the thing I like about grange is nothing is too hard that a shooter like me would be daunted but there is always a technical aspect that deserves a shooters full attention. A 99 won today by arnie palmer which takes some doing on these targets and I believe Adam had a 98 so well done you guys who knows a few years time and a few lessons with ed .............thanks to Jason,Claire, Ian , Kieran and col for putting up with my excuses today see you all in 2 weeks back at the grange............

Steve o.

Steve, it was good to shoot with you and the rest of the guys. Grange was as good as ever! And great little write up

Nice write up Steve...

Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

Back