Grange Farm Results 12/05/2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cor ! Paul, I was devastated, I think if I'd have got lashed in the Bar afterwards I wouldn't have hit anything on the way home. I was useless, FBlacks and Xtra Full is NOT a good combination for close stuff. Hopefully I can put it behind me.

Cor ! Paul, I was devastated, I think if I'd have got lashed in the Bar afterwards I wouldn't have hit anything on the way home. I was useless, FBlacks and Xtra Full is NOT a good combination for close stuff. Hopefully I can put it behind me.
Then why did you chose to shoot it? *cough* excuse... ;-)

How much are u paying fir f black s maxum?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

Not making excuses, I shot very poorly, using a combination that clearly does not work for me. 

FBlacks + XFull will equal balls of dust if you put it in the right place, but the margin for error is very small. 

I will make no comment about the quality of the targets at Staffordshire's Premier ground, they did not suit a lefthander, but no thought was obviously given to that. Stand 3 being the finest example of incompetence I have ever seen.

It is possibly twelve months since I have been there, it may be longer until the next time. But never say never.

Sorry , I didn't actually answer Solomon's The Wise's question. How remiss of me.

I chose to shoot it because it was a County selection shoot, I chose the gun and it is fixed choke F & XF. Big mistake.

I chose the cartridges because I had heard such good reports of them from my best friend Maxum. 

From this, I have learned, FBlacks pattern very tight , a fixed choke gun with very tight chokes may not be ideal for close crossing stuff, too choose my friends more carefully or not listen to them, but you will also hear from people who were there that I did not stamp and scream, alter my card , or bin it.

Sor £185 a thou

Harris. Stop whining and get more lead down your barrels.

Try skeet with f & f then you will be fine with close stuff. Boooooom baby :))

We all make mistakes! ! !

Mr. Bailey, I heard today how you heard about my demise ha! ha!

We were talking about the shoot and it was surprising how many said that it was a really stiff test, A class was won with a 81 I believe, but kudos to  Chris Daniels who shot 96, absolutely brilliant performance.

Ed, not well good innitt .

Totaaal dikhed innee

well done chris,you know he warmed up on a more rustic shoot first though.

did you shoot better today?

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course I did.

As I said earlier it was me who screwed up, no need to make excuses, I had a very bad day, unknowingly I had a virus beginning to manifest itself and have been real rough for a few days, Doctor bollocked me because, not only am I thick enough to try an 'unusual' combination I had forgotten about a little matter that I am trying to recover from. 

Perhaps we should give Lance Armstrong back his trophies and his monies???? Just a thought after seeing it from another perspective.

( edit) Before Mr. Bailey, Solomons, Maxum, Matt Admin and Uncle Tom Cobbley and all butt in, I know I'm always rough, it's what makes me such a little diamond.

Bad days happen sadly... Makes the good days seem better.

What drags me through my annual early season shooting like a bell end phase is the fact that everytime you emerge from a slump, you are better than you were at your previous peak. That is the only thing stopping me from hanging myself with my shoe laces at the moment...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes Ed,

I have to agree, both our scores are a little like a whores drawers at the moment, maybe there is a subtle message being sent???????

I had a team pep talk yesterday off Team Wheelchair Fiocchii.

He analysed all the factors surrounding my dismal performance and has concluded that in his considered opinion I am a KNOB who should have known better.

I agree with him. I'm making a point of working on my problems on a Thursday after work. I hate mid week shooting but needs to be done. Ill be back in a couple weeks and 500 shells time :)

I agree with him. I'm making a point of working on my problems on a Thursday after work. I hate mid week shooting but needs to be done. Ill be back in a couple weeks and 500 shells time :)
You need to see a good BASC coach.... :ermm:

Back