Grand Masters DTL

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. I would do but rather foolishly it's been organised on the same weekend as the Intercounties championship. Almost all the East Midlands shooters will be there.

I would have been going had it been on a different weekend to the IC DTL !!

It's really daft it's been organised this weekend. Each event will pick the pocket of the other. The Intercounties is just about fully booked I believe, that's 70+ shooters that could be in Wales adding to the prize fund and making the event more competitive.

There's also the UT British GP at Nuthampstead with guns, holidays and cartridges plus cash in each class up for grabs. 200 targets. £75 entry. Contact the ground to book in.

There's also the UT British GP at Nuthampstead with guns, holidays and cartridges plus cash in each class up for grabs. 200 targets. £75 entry. Contact the ground to book in.
Now you are talking..... Good luck Phil. Are you doing another arch? Maybe a married arch this time...and then you can send it to Spennymoor with kisses on it... :laugh:

That's a great price for 200 targets! Down here it is normally about €45 for a 100 target UT competition. I like the idea of the 200 targets but eight rounds is a lot of shooting to pack in in one day.

That's a great price for 200 targets! Down here it is normally about €45 for a 100 target UT competition. I like the idea of the 200 targets but eight rounds is a lot of shooting to pack in in one day.
2 days.

It is the British GP.

It is a real shame that this event is up against the East Mids Intercounties. Never mind, I am sure they will both be great.

Over 100 booked on for the East Mids shoot, we can still squeeze individuals on as there are a couple of slots or there can be late squads at approx 3.30

See you Sunday Jan & Norm :)

Last edited by a moderator:

2 days.

It is the British GP.
A Real Man could easy shoot the 200 targets in one day, but I see that it's been toned down to accommodate the wimps, women and children   :preved:

A Real Man could easy shoot the 200 targets in one day, but I see that it's been toned down to accommodate the wimps, women and children   :preved:
:laugh: Leave out the women please.....I shot 200 yesterday at Richards sporting ...and it was a cracker for being tricky....silly me learnt a lesson.....1st score is always the best. But WTH...I just like pulling the trigger.

P.s. Selection shoots are traditionally 2 days so you can have a piss up on the Saturday night ...true story..!!

Last edited:
It is a real shame that this event is up against the East Mids Intercounties. Never mind, I am sure they will both be great.

Over 100 booked on for the East Mids shoot, we can still squeeze individuals on as there are a couple of slots or there can be late squads at approx 3.30

See you Sunday Jan & Norm :)
I will be there about 1pm can you make sure the wind is turned off please.

There's 15 squads so it would be physically impossible to shoot eight rounds in one day using four ranges.  We, like the French, shoot our 200 target selection shoots and grands prix over two days.  

Latest posts

Back