Gimmick or useful Training Aid? Winchester TrAAcker

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OlafUK

Been looking at these online over the last few days (after seeing them mentioned on the Forum) and was wondering if they are just a gimmick or if they would actually be useful as a training aid (what they are advertised as) for introducing new shooters or for when trying new disciplines.

Although it might be a moot point as I can't find a stockist in the UK xD

They do remind me, a bit, of the Fiocchi Cyalume Tracer cartridges that were about 2 years ago

539231.jpg

You Tube Video:

Gimmick!!! Even IF it were to tell you where you missed...it won't tell you WHY you missed!!! A good coach will know/see where you are missing and more importantly WHY you are missing and what you have to do to correct it

They're great for telling you where the wad went. Sadly this is not always a relation to where the shot went.

Brilliant for using in the dark on November 5th though!  :biggrin:

Edit: Forgot to mention - they are also wonderful for cultivating a head lifting habit. Well, you want to watch where the tracer goes don't you?

Last edited:
Been around many years, as said above what will it tell you probably nothing. Also seem to remember from years ago that many grounds won't allow them not sure why.

Ha! Ha!

I was in the USA last year when these saw the light of day.

Actually although loaded with 32 gram of shot some of it is supposedly encapsulated in the wad to make the wad have similar flight characteristics to the shot load, they are NOT a tracer cartridge , they are a TRACKER cartridge. 

I suggested that they should load them into Orange coloured wads  and Black coloured wads. Why ?

Because then you can say you saw a visible piece fly off the clay.

Guess what?

Now available with Orange or Black wads.

Trust the Colonials to explore a loop hole.

I have seen them first hand and I have to agree that they are good if if you need to know where a weighted wad ends up. Buy 2 extra boxes of shells and shoot those. Or invest in coaching,  good coaching. 

Orange or Black wad makes no difference. 

Latest posts

Back