[GEEK] ShootClay Cup 2014 - Score Analysis

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just an old Luddite who is having trouble understanding what can be achieved with technology I quite frankly don't comprehend. My mind is just not big enough to see the bigger picture.  :fie:  

All credit to you guys that do this stuff. It's nothing other than amazing and I am seriously impressed by what I see these days. I just missed the boat when computers were invented. If I can't understand something I tend to avoid it to save embarrassment, you know like Fast Trap!!  :biggrin:  

Nimbusgb - you're older than me!! What the hell do you think you are playing at?? Act your age Man!! :sarcastic:

By the way - I'm not far off these ages.... 45... but I do like a geeky challenge. 

By the way - I'm not far off these ages.... 45... but I do like a geeky challenge. 
This data is great. Why wouldn't you want to see data like this? It would certainly show if a shoot is "easy" or not. Then you could compare one shoot to another. Course setters could design schemes to elicit a particular distribution of scores, and check if they have succeed. If you've got a big enough ground you could run different stands for different classes and essentially have multiple competitions running at once. If you could code the stands to show what kind of bird they are you'd have great information on the individual's personal strengths and weaknesses. Great for coaching. 

It's all very zzzexy, Mr Rutherford! Expect lots of backlash from those who would rather shooting stayed as a magic act where you wave your wand and the clay breaks somehow.

Just bloody amazing, if there's room I'll definitely be there next year, might even be able to hit low fast crossers by then  :crazy:

Back