GB FITASC @ Westfield & Windrush

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
James if you get stuck give me a call I've got a friend on a farm who can do b b but it's 15 mins away
We have now opened up the last 4 squads now to accommodate the waiting list so now were on 216 shooters what an atmosphere there will be !!!!!!
Mostly all done now including two practice layouts there is 138 traps set up what vAriation
Setting all this and infrastructure its not much short of what I did for the worlds last year is there a pattern developing ?? Ally says hope not !!!!!
Steve and ally wish you all the best this weekend, knowing your set ups steve everyone is in for a treat and some bloody good targets..there ent many around that can make a clay target do what you do with them...good luck to you and all your team..

See you all soon...mark

really looking forward to this after a great event last year, hoping to catch up with everyone the weekend.

Really looking forward to it, be nice to get back into some FITASC! Hopefully the sun shines too!

I shall expect to see you talking me down from suicide watch at some point.

Step away from the edge of the platform :D its only 10 foot so all you will do is twist your ankle if you jump :.:

All, regretfully forecast says that today you might get wet and the wind may pay an unwelcome visit so hopefully you've all come prepared, forecast much better for Sunday though.

The weather was very windy, very wet at times and sunny for not much of the time.

Hi folks tough going today with testing targets made even harder by the weather

A brilliant 90 was shot by John lee !!!!!

And a brilliant 25 straight shot by mark Winser on falcon layout

Guess this shoot today was the great marmite effect but tomorrow is another day

Saturday was absolutely brutal, some very difficult stands made all the harder by the strong gusting winds. Quite a few good shots were struggling to get into double figures for some of the parcours, Many scores in the low teens, typically a couple of softish pegs, followed by two pegs of torture. On the third peg of the signature course, our whole squad  managed to hit 5 clays between us, apparently we did well compared to some other squads. I managed  14, 15, 17 & 23 for a 69, joint top in D class for day one. I have no idea where the 23 came from...

Sunday was a much better day, there was a new small tent just in front of the Westfield clubhouse, we think it was for a Samaritans councillor. My shooting went backwards, as usual, tough targets again, but at least it stayer mainly dry, and there was a rumour that someone saw the sun. Think I finished on 14, 15, 18 & 21 for 137 overall, dissapointing in the end, left 8-10 out there, but that's my Fitasc for you :)

In our view this was as tough as it gets, combination of targets and weather adding to the difficulty. Lots of head shaking by some very good shots. Madrid will be much easier (I hope)

Great weekend, shot both days like a cock to end 173 but enough to make team mainly due to previous good performance! Much steadier shoot today, but great overall effort. Well done Steve.

Back