Four Counties 20.10.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

After careful weather studying I figured that there was a dry spell due between 10 and 1, so off I headed, with Clayclouter. My head was imperfect after a night our beforehand, but tolerable. :hunter:

This was to be my last shoot of this grading period and my last three shoots have gone well, so I felt up for it. Good to see a hoard from here, including the very early riser JKC. What a journey.. Also, I realised at the very end that K80 TCG had been just behind me on most stands. Hi! (Saw him get into that car..)

I thought this was a good course today, as ever not easy. Not sure if it was the target types but I just couldn't get going consistently. I think I straighted a solitary stand. One or two away almost everywhere.

My reasonable card was shattered by two stands. The first was a fairly innocuous looking affair, `up the top`, with an overhead away to the right o/r a high l-r crosser. Dropped 4 ex 8, mainly down to missing in front of the crosser. This was my problem on about 6 other losses today. Four Counties targets tripped me up again. I also hit only half on the sim teal (although that was nasty in my book). So, an 80. At least I just shaved my best ever average for a period (which I'm happy with as I had a terrible 3 months recently with getting used to specs).

There was a 90 on the board when I left, which was good, but will get beaten, if only by RF if he goes..

How did everybody do?

Hi Clever, just realised who you were, I shot behind you.

Did not shoot to bad seeing I am full of man flue and should have stayed at home.

Dropped 6 on the teal stand, just could not see the bloody things in the sun.

blanked the stand in car park dropped all eight :-( looper and driven 8 away card destroyed, lots of excuses delayed first bird

Dropped 6 on at stand 2 my last stand feeling the affects by then, should have shot it as a rabbit stand.

Overall besides these 20 quite happy should have broken 80 really, not all the mojo has returned by the MO has.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Clever, just realised who you were, I shot behind you.

Did not shoot to bad seeing I am full of man and should have stayed at home.

Dropped 6 on the teal stand, just could not see the bloody things in the sun.

blanked the stand in car park dropped all eight :-( looper and driven 8 away card destroyed, lots of excuses delayed first bird

Dropped 6 on at stand 2 my last stand feeling the affects by then, should have shot it as a rabbit stand.

Overall besides these 20 quite happy should have broken 80 really, not all the mojo has returned by the MO has.
Hi,

Of course I never saw you shoot, as you were always on as I left the stand.

That car park stand did seem to kill a few people that I saw. I missed the first two loopers, then I moved in the cage to see it as early as possible and shot it quick before it got really complicated. The driven just wanted 6" lead. Everybody was going in front of it that I saw.

I had a generally good day here except for the car park end and shooting the simo teal in the sun!

Stayed dry and came in with 75!

I shot round with Jennie, Ollie and a few others sorry I am worse with names than I am shooting clays!

Hi all

Shot this on sunday with a couple of friends

Needless to say i shot awful, twice I have shot at this ground and both times have ended up in the 40s...  :banghead:  

it was a very good layout however I just couldn't put anything together at all. Was happy shooting 6/8 on the car park stand and think I dropped 3 on the teal stand 

Will be back there on the 17th November to see if I can break this bad trend

Hi all

Needless to say i shot awful, twice I have shot at this ground and both times have ended up in the 40s...  :banghead:  

it was a very good layout however I just couldn't put anything together at all. Was happy shooting 6/8 on the car park stand and think I dropped 3 on the teal stand 

It's not a high scoring round there. I have only been about 8 times, but have never even achieved my CPSA average. I do enjoy it though and am determined to do better..

It's not a high scoring round there. I have only been about 8 times, but have never even achieved my CPSA average. I do enjoy it though and am determined to do better..
Hey that makes me feel better.....and Josh 6/8 in the car park...great score...

Hi all

Evening josh mate how are bud..

Mate keep pulling the trigger and smashing clays the scores will build on there own. Meet up with ya soon or see ya at barbury soon..mark.

Back