Fixed choke changing

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beechin

I'm looking at buying my first gun preferably I'd like a multi choke gun but there is not many around in my price range. Can I buy a fixed choke gun and change them for some extended choke at what I want to it to be choked at. Or when they say fixed does that mean fixed in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have not said which clay discipline you intend to shoot BUT already you are getting tangled up with chokes.. If you can get the right gun at the right price AND you feel comfortable with it, then the chokes are not something that you need to worry too much about until  a later date. Perhaps get the gun, have a couple of lessons and go from there. Or, better still, have the lessons before you get the gun and ask your questions of the Instructor. Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get the gun, chokes secondary. If the chokes are fixed, they are almost certainly 3/4 and full, which can be opened out I expensively; or 1/4 and 1/2 which is great.

If budget to buy your first gun is an issue take your time and find one that you won't need to get modified or chop in. If you buy a fixed choke I would imagine within 6 months you will be hankering for something else or spending money you didn't need to having it threaded.

Anything that fits you properly will do, don't get caught up in brand snobbery - plenty of good budget manufacturers make guns that your not going to break or wear out - even if bought second hand.

Try as many different guns as you can !

Will, my MX12 prosport and Chris Turvey's are 3/8 &5/8 and Paul James MX 2000 is also? 

My MX2000S is 3/4 and full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Back