FITASC Training day Southdown Gun Club 4th May

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southdown

Hi

We have had lots on enquires at the ground about FITASC training ,anyone wishing to shoot or learn more about the day, contact me on this thread or PM me .

Thanks Shaun P

Last edited by a moderator:
We are just sorting out the itenary for the day and price will get back to everyone posting this week.

Thanks field and clay .We were all very pleased to win the award.

Thanks Shaun P

Hi All

Itinerary for the day.

Bacon roll ,tea coffee on arrival

Expaination of FITASC discipline and a quick overveiw of rules (handout of full rules given to all)

Ensure line on everyones vest

Layout 1  Run through order of shooting ,explain types of targets ,need to pay attention to menu cards ,hold points and watch seeing birds.

Layout 2 Work around pegs with decreasing amounts of instruction.

Allow people to get into the rhythm of shooting

Instructor acting as ref ,providing shooters with feedback ( e.g warning given for gun movement etc.)

Layouts 2-4 shoot as mini comp full rules apply (instructor acting as ref )

Cost £45 including bacon roll and coffee or tea on arrival.

Anyone wishing to book please ring the ground on 01903 877555. Pre payment if possible .

Thanks Shaun P

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like a good and fun thing to do, but any experienced ESP shooter should be pretty comfortable with Fitasc right away. It's not that confusing and it all happens at a nice regulated pace, with refs who explain as you go along. Think Sportrap shot gun-down and from more varied positions.

For me, my first few goes were spoiled (score wise) by thinking too much about quality of gun mount. I would be working on this more if I were a regular FSP shot, but for my dabbles I now just think 'target'.

I'm looking forward to it Will,should be a good day. I'm sure I'll be fine with the targets,I'm just not familiar with the rules,or how it's shot.....so this kinda day is perfect for us FITASC noobs!! I shoot gun down at everything anyway,just not as low as FITASC 'gun down' and sometimes start my mount in anticipation of the target.....think that'll be the hardest thing to get used to! I hope it's not 'softened up' for beginners to shooting,rather than the discipline.

Back