Extended chokes

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None at all! If "your on em your on em!" Selection of the right cartridge is more important in my humble opinion.

Answer to OP......1)Yes and no and plenty of uses depending what you want to hit or if you want to look cool or if you want to make your gun look longer without altering its use. P.s Chose Mullers :wink: eh Nicky?

Answer to 2nd poster....agreed so long as it is Fiocchi :laugh:

Other will be along soon to give you pearls of wisdom....so get out a pencil and pad to take notes which you can then put in your range bag in order to check which to use when you get to each stand and see the target you are wanting to shoot.

So....popcorn anyone....only got butterscotchchilly tonight....and only enough for 3 pages. :wink:

(Pssst can i ask that you seriously do not ask about what type of range bag....or shot string....or pattern testing ...or we really will not have enough popcorn and i will have to start rationing it. OK ?)

:kiss:

There is an argument that the longer the choke gives a more even pattern and less damage to the shot so less 'flyers'. I have no idea whether its true or if it is, the difference is significant enough to make a difference to scores. Then you go down the whole back bore, extended forcing cone debates. For most of us its hard enough just put the shot in the right place, which of course is the most effective way of breaking clays.

You are just not 'cool' if you don't have extended, titanium, vented, ported and weighted chokes in you gun.

They won't make up for basic ability but it let's everyone know you buy into advertising! 

A lot of the top shots shoot Perazzi's with 'shock, horror' fixed chokes!

:) :) :)

I have k chokes that are extended by about an inch I guess. They get me a bit closer to the target! Pmsl!

A good proportion of shooting is down to confidence. If you think longer chokes will improve your scores, then go for it. But I reckon you'd be better off spending the money on lessons (you're a new shooter aren't you?) 

Latest posts

Back