European Union

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in favour of an exit from the EU?

• Yes

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • No

Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Waiting for results of latest renegotiations

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters

RobertBeard

I seem to have upset jwpzx9r in the recent Castellani thread when I was mildly cross that he thought anyone voting to exit the EU was mad.  I didn't intend to upset him so I apologise for that.

Anyway I thought it might be interesting just to see what ShootClay Forum members think about the EU at the present time before we see the results of David Cameron's renegotiation efforts.

Cameron is to much of a euro fanatic to be any use in renegotiation of the UK's membership.

Frau Merkel has made a monumental error in saying refugees are welcome, genuine refugees yes, most definitely not the young fit males who want an easy life

and not have to work for it. At the moment Europe is mainly Christian, in ten to twenty years time muslims will be the majority and WILL be able to dictate what ever they want.

We have to leave the EU if only to regain SOME control over who enters our country.

Now don's tin hat and watches the flack fly, but do I give a toss.....nah  

Britain needs to get it's rear of the seat and gain some self respect in the World by becoming a manufacturing nation again.

Lord Digby Jones  ( total knob) once recommended we gave up engineering and manufacturing and became an IT Nation leaving manufacturing to China & India.

Using his skills he managed to broker car manufacturing being moved to China or owned by Chinese businesses, he assisted the sale of the Fastener Industry to India by selling off GKN and all its machinery to India.

He managed to sell off our Rolling Mills and Steel manufacturing to Tata

We now get inferior bolts nuts and screws from India manufactured using outdated machinery sold in Darlaston & Smethwick in 1970.

We now get inferior quality steel from China .

Recently on Midlands TV he said we now need to get into manufacturing and bring back apprenticeships.

It is not David Cameron's fault for the mess we are in , in it is chinless wonders who have never used a Saw or Spanner in their lives.

Here is Lord Digby's Epitaph which I will pay for:-

" Nut Screws Britain and Bolts " .

I seem to have upset jwpzx9r in the recent Castellani thread when I was mildly cross that he thought anyone voting to exit the EU was mad.  I didn't intend to upset him so I apologise for that.

Anyway I thought it might be interesting just to see what ShootClay Forum members think about the EU at the present time before we see the results of David Cameron's renegotiation efforts.
My fault hot head :)

Salopian 

I think the days of the UK being a major manufacturing nation are long gone.... unless the workforce want to take a major haircut on their wages and pensions. The emerging countries are getting better education and OUR OWN companies are having stuff made for them at much cheaper prices these guys literally slave for fractions ofd what our own workforce will accept. The UK will however still remain a manufacturer of quality goods but unfortunately the world ticks on cheap, cheap, cheap.  I worked for a major company which closed our research site down and moved the jobs to the far east... even though their work was crap, we had to redo everything the sent us. Just look at the number of items that carry a well known brand name ... but are made in China or eastern European countries... yes many of the parts are made here but then shipped to China for assembly.

LEAVE.EU@LeaveEUOfficial 2 hrs2 hours ago

A sovereign island, detached from political union with a controlled and equitable immigration policy. #AustraliaDay pic.twitter.com/z5P5dwt7IS

CZpRjkAUUAAZdBR.jpg

CZkWqCXWcAEBa28.jpg:large

Cameron is to much of a euro fanatic to be any use in renegotiation of the UK's membership.

Frau Merkel has made a monumental error in saying refugees are welcome, genuine refugees yes, most definitely not the young fit males who want an easy life

and not have to work for it. At the moment Europe is mainly Christian, in ten to twenty years time muslims will be the majority and WILL be able to dictate what ever they want.

We have to leave the EU if only to regain SOME control over who enters our country.

Now don's tin hat and watches the flack fly, but do I give a toss.....nah  
If it was not for foreign workers there would be no fruit and veg on any shop counter in the UK... why? Because young healthy but  lazy loafers down in the major growing areas would rather draw dole money than do an honest days work in the fields for the money paid to these foreign workers ... no sorry slaves.

"At the moment Europe is mainly Christian, in ten to twenty years time muslims will be the majority and WILL be able to dictate what ever they want."

more than 99% of these people you talk about are as honest hard working and law abiding as any other religious group... how many brown shirts have you got at home?

I have never had it explained to me one way or the other so apart from reading a lot of anti EU vitriol I couldn't make a valid judgement. What is it that we couldn't do out of the EU that we can in it ? 

Suspicion alone is never enough of course but my natural aversion to almost anything that comes out of a politicians mouth makes me a little vary. 

The monumental error was committed when European governments sucked up to the big bad Master Destabiliser and deliberately removed their leaders and caused the crisis in the first place. 

If it was not for foreign workers there would be no fruit and veg on any shop counter in the UK... why? Because young healthy but  lazy loafers down in the major growing areas would rather draw dole money than do an honest days work in the fields for the money paid to these foreign workers ... no sorry slaves.

"At the moment Europe is mainly Christian, in ten to twenty years time muslims will be the majority and WILL be able to dictate what ever they want."

more than 99% of these people you talk about are as honest hard working and law abiding as any other religious group... how many brown shirts have you got at home?
You really are a nasty piece of work. Are you accusing me of being a fascist ? Be very careful what you write, libel laws are onerous and I have no qualms in instructing lawyers.

And this is why politics and religion should be avoided and left to other forums to dabble in.  Not even bothering with a coat.

What you are writing could have come straight out of the BNP manifesto... I have no idea what political persuasion you follow and I don't care to be honest. You will however be more than willing to tell me what relevance a majority of Muslim people would have in a democratic society as opposed to any other religious group being a majority ? If there is a majority there is a majority how or what would be your solution to preventing a Muslim majority? I would really like to know. Now I do not think any Muslim majority could be called a dictatorship in a democratic society and by the way I think it unlikely that that will happen any way. As a matter of interest can you give me a rough Idea of how many Muslim members of parliament actually sit in the house of commons currently? It would also be interesting to know why you appear have some fear of what Muslim people are and what they might dictate...as opposed to what Christian people do ?

"At the moment Europe is mainly Christian, in ten to twenty years time muslims will be the majority and WILL be able to dictate what ever they want.

Now don's tin hat and watches the flack fly, but do I give a toss.....nah  "

I am a nasty piece of work and should watch what I write.... you don't do irony do you.

And this is why politics and religion should be avoided and left to other forums to dabble in.  Not even bothering with a coat.
Absolutely right there Sian. I will say one thing though before I leave. Why would a debate about the UK being either in or out of the EU have anything at all to do with Islam and Muslims, a religion and religious group of people ? And why would any normal thinking person bring it up?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would any normal thinking person bring it up...because it's been a current issue for over 2000 years for starters!!!

Come on guys please take it easy.  We only have one vote each so its crazy getting so personal and extreme about it.

I suggest that we leave it at the fact that both the EU and the UK have unsustainable immigration and asylum policies that need reform.  These issues will remain whether we are in or out of the EU but at least we will be more able to determine our own rules.  Personally I have a lot of sympathy for the Australian system.

I suspect that staying in the EU is only likely to benefit big business.

We have always tried to ply our trade world wide and there are other non EU countries that do OK outside of the EU so I have every belief that we could do equally as well or better especially with the Commonwealth connections.

Militarily we have NATO and as yet there is no EU military force or command structure thank goodness.  We need to be out as the Eurocrats keep trying to tie us even more closely together.

We should retain trident and a strong military and some of the savings from leaving the EU could be used to bolster our armed services again and so help employment, training and reducing benefits.

There will be plenty of other calls on the money saved like the NHS and other services that have been cut.

Why would any normal thinking person bring it up...because it's been a current issue for over 2000 years for starters!!!
Honestly? The EU has only been in existence for about 23 years! You are getting something mixed up.

"We have always tried to ply our trade world wide and there are other non EU countries that do OK outside of the EU so I have every belief that we could do equally as well or better especially with the Commonwealth connections"

There is some truth in that Robert. The bit about our commonwealth connections is laughable though we dropped them like a hot spud back in the day and left them to toil on their own. What is interesting is that 45% of everything made or done in the UK is exported to EU countries.

WOW...you are thick!!!
Eh no but you...

This is supposed to be a debate about the EU and whether or not the UK should remain a member of it. Then we get a comment about a religious group and that should effect our being in or out of the EU ?

Here are a few of facts for the man worried out Islamic infiltration into the UK . There are currently going on best estimates about 2.8million Muslims living in the UK... that is 4.5% of the UK population . There are 13 well educated Muslim MP's at Westminster ( offt three of them are conservative MP's) that is more or less 2% of the total number of MP at Westminster.... and he is worried about a Muslim dictatorship.

^^^^^^^^^^^^

like you said , estimates, and that is from a 2011 MCB guestimate!, I would bet a few dollars with you it has increased significantly since then?

^^^^^^^^^^^^

like you said , estimates, and that is from a 2011 MCB guestimate!, I would bet a few dollars with you it has increased significantly since then?
Really... what would be your guestimate ? 3 million , 3.1 million 3.5 million ? What do you base the bold underlined part of your statement on ?  Muslims in the UK are a very minority religious group the vast majority of which are hard working law abiding citizens... and yet we have to fear them and watch out for a dictatorship when they reach critical mass in twenty years!

Keyboard warrior and all that...........
Go back and look at your posts , there is only one keyboard warrior posting here.

Back