Essex Masters or the Worlds at EJ Churchill's 2014 ?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mx8

I have saw on fb the Essex Master for next year but as we we're at the British Open in August past and we've never been to Churchill's before we're findin it difficult to know which trip to plan, can anyone give help please at to which ground would be best  ? 

churchills should be good as it will be on virgin ground but essex masters is always a good ground to shoot.

I am definitely doing Essex and if I can find some company for the trip I would do churchills as well.

I expect targets will be better at Essex but its not a world championship... Tough call.

I enjoyed Hepworth Hall back in August I'd like shoot it again and make a proper effort the next time - the white rabbit peeved me off - remember 

Essex Masters is ALWAYS a cracking shoot and exceptional value for money. We won't know how good the Worlds were until they have been and gone. Personally I'll be doing the Essex for sure and am planning on shoot a couple of days at the Worlds too.

what I don't understand is in other sports a World event is a big thing, when we went to watch golf opens and championship events they had tented villages but when we've been to the Worlds Clay shooting before there have been only 3,4 tents, Alan Rhone & Antone and a couple of others, isn't this the sort of event that company's should be getting their tents up and showing off what they sell through out the year, at the British this year there were only about 3 stands and one of them was Antone who goes everywhere, can't the governing bodies get their fingers out and get our majors and the Worlds when it's here looking like a big event with some decent advertising and tented villages up for those who attend - my point is these type big shooting events rarely look any different than a normal 100 bird reg shoot. 

Love shooting the Essex, looking forward to getting there again! For me i'll be shooting both if I can. Shot the worlds at Steves place a couple of years back and really couldnt have been any better (apart from maybe not shooting like a t*t!).

what I don't understand is in other sports a World event is a big thing, when we went to watch golf opens and championship events they had tented villages but when we've been to the Worlds Clay shooting before there have been only 3,4 tents, Alan Rhone & Antone and a couple of others, isn't this the sort of event that company's should be getting their tents up and showing off what they sell through out the year, at the British this year there were only about 3 stands and one of them was Antone who goes everywhere, can't the governing bodies get their fingers out and get our majors and the Worlds when it's here looking like a big event with some decent advertising and tented villages up for those who attend - my point is these type big shooting events rarely look any different than a normal 100 bird reg shoot. 

Good points - I have been lucky enough to hear about the plans for this years Worlds - and what I am hearing are big plans. I think it's going to be a good event. 

Who is setting the course for the World Champs?

The courses are being set by Graham Brown (Purbeck) and Mark Marshall (E.J. Churchills Shooting Manager)

Good points - I have been lucky enough to hear about the plans for this years Worlds - and what I am hearing are big plans. I think it's going to be a good event. 
Don't keep it to yourself then :wink:

Historically Churchills asked for too much money for people to set up a tent at things like the classic, so they thought "no thanks" and stayed at home.

Be good if this has changed as it does add atmosphere to the event.

When we did the worlds last year we offered the tents free of charge and managed to get a few traders there but the big problem is usually a gun maker sponsor so they don't want any others , most full time grounds have gun shops on site with clothing etc so they don't want any others and so on it goes

BUT after running our very own gold cup this year with no stands and lots of people saying that's the best ever shoot and people actually laughing and joking I have come to the conclusion that it is the quality of targets that make an event of a shoot

Which I shall be hoping to copy next year for the classic !!!!

We have already had loads say they haven't shot it for years but are doing it next year !!!!

Hopefully one not to miss

Steve

Back