Entwistle guns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Nash

Just asking your thoughts on this. I have a good friend who has started up a new Gunshop called  Hunting & Shooting Sports, ok I had spoken to Jason the owner about ordering a Yeldiz shotgun with a short stock for a junior for my Grandson. Just got a call from him saying They will NOT Supply his new Shop with anything as they don't want to Upset the other Dealers in the Area. The UK Distributor for Yeldiz are ENTWISTLE GUNS  Preston Lancs. Is this some sort of cartel ?? How can Jason run a NEW Gunshop, if Distributors of other products were to take this stand Not to Upset Other Dealers. There should be a Law against this sort of thing in the Gun Trade.  :angry: Joe.

I would suggest this is commonplace and quite justified. Manufacturers have a dealer network for good reason. They know their products, can usually supply them quickly and provide after sales support. It's unreasonable, in my opinion, to expect a manufacturer to sidestep the dealer network to supply to a third party.

Having been around the shooting sports for some time I don't see any real evidence of a cartel existing between gun manufacturers and their dealerships.

If it's a Yildiz gun you're after I'd suggest you give a dealer a call.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest this is commonplace and quite justified. Manufacturers have a dealer network for good reason. They know their products, can usually supply them quickly and provide after sales support. It's unreasonable, in my opinion, to expect a manufacturer to sidestep the dealer network to supply to a third party.

Having been around the shooting sports for some time I don't see any real evidence of a cartel existing between gun manufacturers and their dealerships.

If it's a Yildiz gun you're after I'd suggest you give a dealer a call.
Entwistle Guns, are not a manufacturers of Yeldiz. They are a Distributor for them, I did not mention Manufacturers at all and Jason was not trying to sidestep any dealer network but to join them as it has cost him thousands to open the new shop and to order 10 Yeldiz guns to have in shop stock. I have been involved in the gun/ shooting trade for 55 years and I can tell you, that Distributors tell the Gun Shops what to charge shooters for guns, and if they don't all sell at the same price, your Gone. Years ago when Jimmy Ling, Essex Gun, Allan Wright and a load of other shops too many to mention had the same problem but told the likes of Browning and Beretta they would sell at the price they want to. Have you never of shooters saying they could get a better price at bill and bobs. The same goes with the Cartridge Manufacturers. As for you suggesting I find a dealer to buy a Yildiz anything, and put a penny into Entwistle guns pocket. Hell will freeze over, they have lost his custom and the price of 10 shotguns. So you think they are justified not to supply a gunshop because they might not toe the line. No real evidence of a cartel, ya must have blinkers on.

I’m not familiar with either dealer, nor that part of the world; what I would say is to put yourself in the existing dealers shoes. You’ve worked hard to build up your relationship with the brand, knowledge of the product line and a customer base. 

It’s very common in retail for suppliers to be selective about who they choose to supply with stock. They want a retailer that buys in to the brand and promotes it through product knowledge and expertise. 

Entwistle Guns, are not a manufacturers of Yeldiz. They are a Distributor for them, I did not mention Manufacturers at all and Jason was not trying to sidestep any dealer network but to join them as it has cost him thousands to open the new shop and to order 10 Yeldiz guns to have in shop stock. I have been involved in the gun/ shooting trade for 55 years and I can tell you, that Distributors tell the Gun Shops what to charge shooters for guns, and if they don't all sell at the same price, your Gone. Years ago when Jimmy Ling, Essex Gun, Allan Wright and a load of other shops too many to mention had the same problem but told the likes of Browning and Beretta they would sell at the price they want to. Have you never of shooters saying they could get a better price at bill and bobs. The same goes with the Cartridge Manufacturers. As for you suggesting I find a dealer to buy a Yildiz anything, and put a penny into Entwistle guns pocket. Hell will freeze over, they have lost his custom and the price of 10 shotguns. So you think they are justified not to supply a gunshop because they might not toe the line. No real evidence of a cartel, ya must have blinkers on.
Joe

You've asked for the opinions of other contributors to the site and I've given you mine. Clearly you have your own idea of what's going on. I don't see Entwhistle Guns refusal to supply to a third party as evidence of a wider cartel existing within the industry. I think you're perhaps reading a little too much into it.

If you don't want to use Entwhistle Guns or buy a Yildiz that's fine, take your business elsewhere.

Its the same in many other business`,dealers/ franchisees don`t /won`t step on others territory as it costs them a lot of £ for their own ,one way or another.

Business is all about relationships, Yeldiz have got existing dealers who have invested in stock and it would be deceitful and in poor taste to supply another store in close proximity.  If Jason had spent hard earned cash on inventory believing he was the local distributor of a particular product and the supplier then found someone else on his patch to sell stuff to then it would hurt/be a kick in the wotsits for him too.

Jason could contact the local dealer on your behalf and see if a deal could be done - everyone would be happy? 

Its common business practice within distribution rights. 

Nothing new there, your mate should have got his suppliers sorted before opening the doors unfortunately. 

Geographical rights are hard fought and well protected under contract. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent post Jeremy. 

There are always accredited channels for significant purchases and if the buyer really wants product X then it's invariably better to buy from an approved outlet. Don't ask me how I know this... :oops:

I went into an Approved dealer for Yeldiz today in Peterborough, discussed what I wanted and was told. You don't want to buy one of those, you need one of these new === Guns ??????  Good Yeldiz Dealer then ..   I have a Beretta 20 bore I purchased off Nev Jay at Essex Gun some time back, so I will get Allan Wright in March Cambs, to cut the Stock down. As for Entwistle Guns, they can Poke their Yeldiz Guns where the Sun don't shine.

Latest posts

Back