English Open Sportrap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radrac

Shaun,

Can you run us through the procedure for booking onto the Sportrap at the English Open. Obviously the main event is bookable on the CPSA website..how is the Sportrap going to work?

Radrac

As Paulos says ring us and we will book you in.We asked the CPSA if could run the event through them as a major ,we offered to supply the cups and medals etsc ,but they decided against it .

Shaun P

Maybe we should have an English Open sportrap event.

Why only have a British sportrap ???

Hi Maxum

Thats what I thought at first certain people at the CPSA liked the idea ,but the board didnt.It would have increased revenue for the CPSA and us.

Shaun P

At the risk of sounding more stupid than I actually am, what is the difference? Is it entry criteria such as for English you must be a member of the cpsa and British you can be scta or wales etc or am I way off the mark?

Go for it Matt,It's there for the taking.Times are achanging?I thinke the time is right,just remember my little job on the board one day?.Target tester,bacone roll tester ect.Sounds like the cpsa allready.

Hi Maxum

Thats what I thought at first certain people at the CPSA liked the idea ,but the board didnt.It would have increased revenue for the CPSA and us.

Shaun P
Why on earth did the Board not want to do it. What reasons did they give Shaun? Especially as you offered the cups and medals.

I do not get it :( .

Well Matt maybe it is time for you to grab the Title of the event if the CPSA do not want it. I am sure we could get loads of sponsors interested in the Shootclay English Open from the contacts on this site alone. Worth considering?

I'll do it, if someone helps me organise... I have little funds, but lots of willing.

Hi Nicola

The board didnt give us any reasons ,to be truthfull I was a bit dumbstruck by them turning us down.When the idea was first put forward there was lots of positive feedback from the CPSA ,then we hit a brickwall.

Shaun P

Looks like the fist shootclay open?Shaun is your man to get it sortded

Good luck Shaun and Matt. Hope you can work together on this.

2012 Minutes -

'4:4 Championships Entries for this year’s Championships will go live via the internet

or by telephone from tomorrow (1st February). NF thanked everybody involved for their hard

work regarding arrangements for the World and BO ESP championships. He also reported

that Southdown GC had subsequently proposed running a Sportrap event alongside the EO

Sporting championship, with the possibility of instigating an EO STR championship on a

regular basis. After discussion and taking into account the current economic situation, it was

agreed by all not to proceed with this proposal.'

WHY????

2012 Minutes -

'4:4 Championships Entries for this year’s Championships will go live via the internet

or by telephone from tomorrow (1st February). NF thanked everybody involved for their hard

work regarding arrangements for the World and BO ESP championships. He also reported

that Southdown GC had subsequently proposed running a Sportrap event alongside the EO

Sporting championship, with the possibility of instigating an EO STR championship on a

regular basis. After discussion and taking into account the current economic situation, it was

agreed by all not to proceed with this proposal.'

WHY????
Amazing...given the likelihood of a successful English Open Sporting at the same venue, at the same time, one would have thought that the economic risks were close to zero! :huh:

Latest posts

Back