English & British Open Handicap By Distance (DTL)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julesy

Just want to say a big well done to all the winners from this championship over the weekend.

EO High Gun - Dick Fletton (B Class)

BO High Gun - Austin Coxhead (AA Class)

Congratulations and well shot to the following

Tracey Bridge ( B) - Ladies HG on both days and also 2nd overall for the BO

Charlotte Kitchen ( B) - Junior HG at BO & 7th overall (after a shoot off with her Dad - which he won!)

Gerge Lewis ( B) - Junior HG EO

Callum Beck © - Colt HG BO and 8th Overall

Rene Aas © - 3rd Overall EO

Every single class was represented in the winners - so if you have never shot HBD before, why not? A real opportunity for anyone to take a national title.

Nice to see that Dick is still shooting well. In my book he is still one of our best ever trap shooters! He's no slouch at UT either!!!!

And a lovely fella to boot!

He last won it in 1984 and had not shot any DTL for ages so a really good win for him :)

And a lovely fella to boot!

He last won it in 1984 and had not shot any DTL for ages so a really good win for him :)
Is it true that he's still using that old Winchester? If so he must have had it for donkeys years!

I'll check and get back to you later - I did take a note of his gun and cartridges but that info is at home and I am at the ground at the mo

I'll keep you posted :)

Jules

How did the 100 straight throu ABT go down with the shooters a week or so back?

DT

One word - disaster!

The shooters were fine with it - unfortunately the weather was not even close to being fine :( (ABT is so cursed by the weather gods!)

We had planned on using 4 layouts then we had 5 feet of drifting snow that was blowing straight into the traps, as soon as we cleared them, the snow blew straight back in.

We only managed to get 2 layouts clear and had to start nearly an hour late - all the timings went out the window and instead of it being a quick shoot people were still having to hang around as I just could not get them out in time.

Quite a few dropped off as the blizzards were blowing straight into their faces and they just could not see. The clays were struggling to clear the snow and sometimes taking a path through the snow drifts before they even appeared - they still managed to hit them though even with the obstacles!!

Click here if you want to read the report on the East Mids website.

Personally - it was possibly my worst day at work in over 6 years. It was horrible and anyone who turned up deserves a medal :)

Bet it's not even left handed but he does like RC4 cartridges

Bet it's not even left handed but he does like RC4 cartr
idges
I used RC at one time,nice shells but often had trouble getting them. As for his gun,well its good to see that old technology can still do the business Fred! Even though the world seems full of new fangled bits of kit!!

Latest posts

Back