England FITASC team selection shoot

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hmmm, in fact, a teal is normally a rising target, , not a Chandelle,, usually going away or towards the shooter. in fitasc, this can then  become a chandelle, due to the change of position.

maybe your thinking of a Battue? (hope I spelt that correctly so the Numpties can learn,,,, as per mr shootinguru  :haha: ,)    a battue  will arc across the shooter, turning and diving quickly.  if set in the spirit of sporting clays.

Chandelle in French basically translates to candle, but it can also mean "starburst" or shooting star.  So a teal rises and is shot on the rise creating a starburst effect ! not a looper!

So, after a minor French lesson and a discussion regarding not only the flight of targets, but also what they should be called, and ever yet how they should be correctly spelled . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . I take it that it was quite a good shoot then ?   :banghead:

Battue def:- The beating of game towards a stationary Hunter.

Therefore a Battue must be driven towards the stand or hoop !

Otherwise it must be a crosser, looper, or target?

Peter, I was told a long time ago that the correct way to use a battue is to present it as a driven target!

Serious question.

What ever happened to Rocket Clays?

We don't see many of those used nowadays !

dont really matter what theyre called or how theyre spelt as we cant write it on the menus anyway , well some of us cant !!!!!!!!

Peter, The last time I wanted to put a rocket on I could'ent get them so I used an auto rabbit clay and it did the job well,

Hey, Pinky you can beat them without distance and speed you know?

I'll give you a lesson one day !

Simultaneous beats many shooters, mini's beat a few more , Rabbits a few more and Battues a few more .

Then we have a  Mick Howell Teal , jobs a good 'un .

No animals were hurt in the writing of this email apart from a Lovatt.

Looks like another fossil of clay shooting past enjoyed the shoot.
Makes me snigger.
Being young.......and a numpty too.

Its not an anglicisation of the word but an American bastardization of said word! and why not be a numpty? most of your "admirerers" are :crazy:      As for Jem (Gem) you gotta be the original? :hunter:  

which friendly old Curmudgeon is being referred to ?

not me, I hope! I'm still very young, :fie:

Jim, it's not you - and although the word begins with a 'C', it's not curmudgeon...  :haha: :spiteful:

:fie:  Cor! I wunder wat that cud be then?     My missus just bin and bought a Chondeleer  OH! I mean a Chandelier? :crazy:

Back