elp (or...advice please)

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victorismyhero

Hokay been looking at guns again since i got my inspection due on 23rd oct so things are moving along

looked at 

bettinsoli xtrail and brigadier

franchi alcione 

NOW....

For little more I can get S/H miroku's  

sooooo....2nd hand worth looking at???...is it as bad or worse than 2nd hand cars

and

whats the difference between a mk38,  a mk60 and a mk70

bear in mind here I want a gun that will crack clays, clobber rabbits and other assorted vermin, and possibly inconvenience the odd pheasant (not that I am awkward or anything)

Step away from the Bettinsoli!  :wild:

Second hand Mirook, but there are more knowledgeable people here who can tell you why!

If you can and there is plenty out there, get yourself a good second hand mirook. You want to get to a shop maybe coleys near Cheltenham that has a big selection, and ask some questions!! Do you understand anything about gun fit, because that is very important and you need someone to sell you a gun that does!!!! Good luck

If you can and there is plenty out there, get yourself a good second hand mirook. You want to get to a shop maybe coleys near Cheltenham that has a big selection, and ask some questions!! Do you understand anything about gun fit, because that is very important and you need someone to sell you a gun that does!!!! Good luck
Yup, understand the need for gun fit, fortunately i seem to be about "the gun makers mr average" but I realise that even then there are odd differences here and there, but I aint going to be able to afford a fully customised "carved to my every lump and bump" jobbie...

Trouble is with new shooters is that gun fit is difficult to achieve as the gun mount is seldom correct or consistent or likely to remain the same. Therefore gun fit IMO is not critical to the mm as it is for seasoned shooters.

Just my opinion.

I recon I wont be far out with a gun the sits comfortably, feels comfortable, doesnt rip my shoulder off when fired (because it doesnt sit right in mt shoulder) and isnt always trying to tip me on my nose....like the bettinsoli diamond i handled a bit back...felt odd somehow...always pulling forward...THEN...i can find out if I can actually hit things with it without resorting to gymnastics to get there ...

I agree. With Ips also !! Not a full gun fit and all the jazz that goes with it!! Just get something very close off the shelf.

Very close Off the shelf.

Yes good way of putting it.

Yup, now...

mk 38 

mk60

or mk70

?????????????????????????

(given the very few requirements I have  :biggrin:   )

Last edited by a moderator:
Mk60 is a fixed choke game gun or sporter,

Mk70 is a multichoke game or sporter

Mk38 is a competition gun, trap gun in fixed choke, sporter in multichoke

Mk38 sporter is a popular choice!

This may help

'&do=embed' frameborder='0' data-embedContent>>

As a newbie , i can only mirror the advice of the more experianced people above

Also try as a many guns as you can before you comit.

I was dead set on a certain model,   looked at others, tried some  and in the end bought a variant of one of them :)

I would say, stick to the tried and trusted big 3 to start with   then as you go on, you can try exotica ;)

Mart  :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Victor, you could check out the gunshop at Sealand Chester, Hodnet gunshop, Premier Guns Doveridge  or Cloudside Congleton . I would be happy to advise you on correct gunfit .

When i was looking i spent a good 3-4 hours about 3 times before my licence come thro tried a few guns and ended up with a 2nd hand ws 912 32" multi choke. I tried beretas and mk and brownings but the ws felt good when i picked it up. Try a few and go with what feels good for you

Hmmmm...went to Mickley hall today, just to "have a look", might well spend a fair bit of time there in the future,,,,then went  to premier guns doveridge. NOW THAT was interesting

you see whilst at Mickley, A very nice gent there let me handle his miroku mk70, felt nice but......it didnt "sit right" seemed not to want to sit still in my shoulder, what might be described as a fidgety gun <<<scratches head>>>>

So whilst at Premier, I mentioned this to the young chap there and he went hmmm...try this....this being a browning B525 hunter....sat nice and steady, didnt make me cock my arm out thus rotating the gun along its long axis (which the miroku did)....discovered i have imperfect right eye domionance...a bit of left involved too....

so...thats another one on the list....

@Salopian, once my ticket is through, I would be grateful indeed for your kindly offer of help, thank you  

@Salopian, once my ticket is through, I would be grateful indeed for your kindly offer of help, thank you  
Yep Pete (salopian) will soon sort you out mate, he knows Miroku's inside out. Miroku's are fantastic guns, probably the best value for money on the market, they look good and they shoot exceedingly well too! You can't go wrong with a Miroku!!

Miroku 3800 or Mk38. My wife shoots a 3800 trap, a few years old now and never let down. My shooting partner of 30+ years still has his ORE trap in mint condition which has to be 40 years old, never had a problem of any sort and it still shoots like a dream. I have had 3 Mk38 G5 in 30 and 32'' trap and sporting and to be honest I can see me going back to another unless the DT10 becomes too much of a temptation.

You will not regret buying a Miroku and the Browning 525 is made by Miroku.

Phil

OOOOer, how things can change..

just had a nice little windfall....so I might just go for a browning B725 hunter now, for some reason I find these rather yummy...(given that one will "fit" me)  

I like the idea of the mechanical trigger, rather than the inertial trigger thats more often seen....

opinions anyone???

Latest posts

Back