EJ Churchill ESP registered 7.11.13

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good to see a few people from the forum  :)  but as for the shoot not my cup of tea, I know it's very unbecoming to criticise shoots especially if they're on the tough side but I have shot there about 5 times in all now, previously I'd always sang their praises and despite only ever shooting in the mid 80's have always said they had pitched it correctly. 

Today we had stands 8/9/10 featuring a floppy riser followed by floppy incomer, weak going away followed by 25 yard all belly looper and then........a pair of floppy incomers all of 15 yards high, none of which would have stretched a 410 load !

Couple of decent stands and the rest all featuring 2 very tough birds, quite possibly beyond even AA shots reasonably expecting a straight ! To me it reeked of I'll learn em attitude. Not the worst round I've shot there, probably one of the worst set rounds I've shot anywhere. 

I've previously criticised Southdown for knowingly throwing birds into the sun but that was 2 stands out of 12, here we had 3 pointlessly easy stands and 4/5 all but unstraightable, not for me, not worth a 4/5 hour mid week run. I won't even mention the trap breakdowns or sloppy scoring on one of the stands.

Well I thought it was ok, Tough in parts but all well hittable ,finished on 84

Missed 3 on stand 1probably the easiest stand  and another 3 on stand 10 the floppy incomers,

I reckon a 92/93 is quite possible.

Funny how different pairs of eyes see things differently.

My first time shooting a reg at Churchill's. For me difficulty seemed about reg average; except that instead of having one easy and one stiffer bird on a stand like many setters prefer, they seemed to have the stiffer birds coupled! Shot a 77 which included 10 unforgivable misses, 3 half asleep ones on 1, 5 at the driven stands through 9 & 10 having been straight through 3 pairs on both stands and 2 random duffers on the simo at 8!

Fortunately didn't encounter any significant trap problems, refs were very good/fine (but there was one  :fie:  unfortunately).

Just ten stands is never a good thing...

Well I thought it was ok, Tough in parts but all well hittable ,finished on 84

Missed 3 on stand 1probably the easiest stand  and another 3 on stand 10 the floppy incomers,

I reckon a 92/93 is quite possible.
Well shot Banger - think you were top gun when I left.

My first time shooting a reg at Churchill's. For me difficulty seemed about reg average; except that instead of having one easy and one stiffer bird on a stand like many setters prefer, they seemed to have the stiffer birds coupled! Shot a 77 which included 10 unforgivable misses, 3 half asleep ones on 1, 5 at the driven stands through 9 & 10 having been straight through 3 pairs on both stands and 2 random duffers on the simo at 8!

Fortunately didn't encounter any significant trap problems, refs were very good/fine (but there was one  :fie:  unfortunately).

Very modest mate. I think you may win C by 10 clays with that!

Tricky layout today the rising looper caught me out going further and further in front where really it needed nothing so lost the will to concentrate after that to finish with 82 , well done to my mate Ade who won high gun with 86 !!!

Chris shot 83 !!

Agree with with hamster , no real balance I thought probably the best stand was the grouse butt and the long crosser in the skeet ranges

But had a good social day out

Steve

Very modest mate. I think you may win C by 10 clays with that!

Well done Robert, very good shooting! 

Bang goes my reckoning!

the 3 on stand 1 is a bit painful now.

Well shot Ade

Agree Gary 92 should have been the score but as we know doing it is the hard bit , I'm to sloppy in gun mount on the steady ones at moment missed two on st 2 , 3 on st 3 think it was the close simo pairs , 2 on st 10 and 2 on st 10 so that's nine really sloppy ones which I normally fill in !!

Anyone know of any trade secrets to stop glasses steaming up ????

Tricky layout today the rising looper caught me out going further and further in front where really it needed nothing so lost the will to concentrate after that to finish with 82 , well done to my mate Ade who won high gun with 86 !!!

Chris shot 83 !!

Agree with with hamster , no real balance I thought probably the best stand was the grouse butt and the long crosser in the skeet ranges

But had a good social day out

Steve
Personally found the grouse butt the toughest (took a while for me to work out the orange crosser)...but wasn't probably helped by the unfortunate chap in front of me blanking the stand  :(

If I tell you it won't be won in the 90's.. Sigh..

Everybody is quick to beat themselves up but it was tough overall.

Well shot all who shot over 80.  :good:
good to shoot with you today Hammy, we managed to get caught in our fair share of hold ups and a bit of dodgy reffing to boot!

really good to see many friendly faces around the ground, enjoyed the tougher stands, the grouse butt (couldnt find the orange clay)4/10

the rabbit stand 7/10 and the skeet stand up the steps 8/10, just dropped far too many of the easier clays,

One to forget for me...apart from the excellent company...and meeting some new friends...

Tough for course setters but usually I enjoy myself even if I am rubbish but today just made me think I am really not making any progress with my shooting and I am just sh*te....and if there were a class below C I should be in it....

Ho hum....Will persevere...

Really should have stayed in bed....

One to forget for me...apart from the excellent company...and meeting some new friends...

Tough for course setters but usually I enjoy myself even if I am rubbish but today just made me think I am really not making any progress with my shooting and I am just sh*te....and if there were a class below C I should be in it....

Ho hum....Will persevere...

Really should have stayed in bed....
'It is a mistake to suppose that people succeed through success, they often succeed through failures'.......

Shot this like a proper specimen 2day, def a 92/93 out there

One of there better shoots tho

Back