EJ Churchill ESP Reg and also SXS championship 4.8.16

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will Hewland

Entries from 10pm to 6pm for the ESP Reg shoot, all welcome, no booking needed.

The side by side shoot takes entries from 10am to 4pm. (I think that if you shoot the ESP event also, then it must be shot first). Tel 01494 883227 for more details.

See some of you there!

edited times from original post..

Last edited by a moderator:
Might try to get up for this.  Really enjoyed the last one and an earlier start will help me avoid sitting on the M25 for nearly 3 hours on the way home.

Thanks Will- 10am, that's good news I'm shooting Coleys and RBSS tomorrow so will stay over and shoot Churchills early on Thursday on my way back home

Now announced that everything starts at 10am. 

Sxs last entry 4pm

ESP Reg last entry 6pm. Long day for scorers!

Went today, spoilt in that I had a lift in the good company of Lee Newman and Nick Chipper Portlock. Car park rammed only didn't really have much in the way of waiting on any stand. Pre shoot we had a merry chin wag in the clubhouse and all seemed to be in jolly spirits. Early finishers told takes of lots of distance, edgy targets some devilish midis and the like, tales of woe fior some lowish early scores. We started on 1, did hop a stand or two, as a C blagger I thought stand 5 a slowish l-r looper and a fat crow the only stand that was "steady" otherwise had to really work at every stand which always had 1 and in a lot of cases two challenging targets. 

Lee 84 and Chipper 93 shot at times brilliantly, Chipper was 1 behind Richard Faulds when we left, be a terrific effort to match / beat those scores.

As for me, too timid lost 4 driven, dropped all 4 orange incomers ( but of a habit) and 4/5 rabbits on another, still  I'm :) with a good day on a good course at a very good ground amongst good friends, 

Really good course put on by Churchills today, probably about as challenging as any registered that I've ever shot there.

Wasn't at my most consistent best today and missed all the orange incomers and the driven on skeet 2, then just let too many slip elsewhere.

I enjoyed it three times!  Shot with Jane and Lorrayne first and was happy with how I was doing until stand 11 L to R crossers which I completely blanked.  Picked up for my last three stands and finished on a 69/100.  Second go went round with Kevin Grey  and finished on a 68/100 getting 3/8 on two stands that I had got 7/8 on the first time!!!  By the time I got to the dreaded stand 11 again DeanmGibbs was there and he kindly stood behind me to assist - result 6/8.  Third time went around with my hubby and weirdly improved to 73/100.  I say weirdly because by now I was tiring and hungry and I don't usually do well going around multiple times.  Enjoyed the day.

Was definetly challenging. Lots of fast crossers and lots of midis and minis. Leaked too many each stand but hit everything twice so was just a lack on consistency. Hit a lot of first pairs only to miss the next. Seemed to be slowing my swing. Was 11 the 2 L-R crossers one was a midi? If so I nailed first pair, missed 2nd and 3rd and nailed 4th pair. Finished on a 67. Not brilliant but not horrific.

Was definetly challenging. Lots of fast crossers and lots of midis and minis. Leaked too many each stand but hit everything twice so was just a lack on consistency. Hit a lot of first pairs only to miss the next. Seemed to be slowing my swing. Was 11 the 2 L-R crossers one was a midi? If so I nailed first pair, missed 2nd and 3rd and nailed 4th pair. Finished on a 67. Not brilliant but not horrific.
2nd target was a midi 

I enjoyed it three times!  Shot with Jane and Lorrayne first and was happy with how I was doing until stand 11 L to R crossers which I completely blanked.  Picked up for my last three stands and finished on a 69/100.  Second go went round with Kevin Grey  and finished on a 68/100 getting 3/8 on two stands that I had got 7/8 on the first time!!!  By the time I got to the dreaded stand 11 again DeanmGibbs was there and he kindly stood behind me to assist - result 6/8.  Third time went around with my hubby and weirdly improved to 73/100.  I say weirdly because by now I was tiring and hungry and I don't usually do well going around multiple times.  Enjoyed the day.
Pleasure! Glad I could help ☺

Shame I can't instruct myself ?

Latest posts

Back