DT11 double discharge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of curiosity, can you give an estimate of the fees for servicing and parts? PB also welcome if its not for public dissemination. I have Beretta’s of my own to service and would like to compare, even though we’re a Channelwidth apart at least. Finding the best address here isn’t even easy as for each recommendation I hear at least one horror story. 

Well done on getting it back in what sounds like an immaculate condition, may it serve you well. 

Doubt it’s a double discharge, far more likely to be a fan fire. If it is it’s shooter error as you’re pulling the trigger twice although you probably don’t realise it. Fan fire’s tend to happen if:

1. The gun isn’t mounted in the shoulder correctly or the hand is loose on the grip at the time the shot’s taken.

2. Your stock has a spring operated recoil reduction device like a Gracoil or PFS.

3. You’re wearing several layers of clothing that you perhaps don’t use regularly.

Making sure you mount and shoot the gun correctly will help. A gunsmith can also have the mechanism that sets the second barrel retarded slightly. In my experience this tends to be more of a problem with inertia rather than mechanical triggered guns.
I have a friend who as this problem  he shot a Krieghoff for many years sent it back to them for repair and eventually got rid of it and he's shooting a Perazzi now and every now and then it double discharges 

Dave

Bit of a general update.

So far so good, put around 250 shells through it now without issue. Harder trigger pulls are taking a little bit of getting used to, but should soon get used to that.

British this Friday for esp and sportrap so another 220 odd going through it then. Getting a bit of confidence back into it again now.

Bit of a general update.

So far so good, put around 250 shells through it now without issue. Harder trigger pulls are taking a little bit of getting used to, but should soon get used to that.

British this Friday for esp and sportrap so another 220 odd going through it then. Getting a bit of confidence back into it again now.
I assume it has an adjustable trigger blade? If so, move it closer, the triggers will feel lighter. I’ve done this on my 694 because by rough measurement the pulls are just over 4lb, heavier than I’m used to and with the trigger in the most ergonomically comfortable place I wasn’t always pulling it. No issue since moving closer. 

Latest posts

Back