Double Diamond!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know someone who was collared for eating an apple whilst driving! He got three points too although I think, as you say, he got a bit lippy with the polis. I do find it strange though that, at that time at least, you could drive while smoking but for some reason eating something while driving was deemed an offence... I mean can someone tell me how you light a cigarette without losing some idea of what is going on in the road ahead... or is it just one of these habits that you get good at and has no effect on your driving?

Last edited by a moderator:
I know someone who was collared for eating an apple whilst driving! He got three points too although I think, as you say, he got a bit lippy with the polis. I do find it strange though that, at that time at least, you could drive while smoking but for some reason eating something while driving was deemed an offence... I mean can someone tell me how you light a cigarette without losing some idea of what is going on in the road ahead... or is it just one of these habits that you get good at and has no effect on your driving?
you just get good at it john. I can get a cigar out the tin, get my lighter out the dash cubby hole and light the cigar without taking my eyes off the road and without much conscious thought, I reckon I could eat an apple in a similar safe manner ;)

you just get good at it john. I can get a cigar out the tin, get my lighter out the dash cubby hole and light the cigar without taking my eyes off the road and without much conscious thought, I reckon I could eat an apple in a similar safe manner ;)
I felt sorry for the guy Ian he had slight learning difficulties and a bad speech impediment to boot. Really though I think he got done because he go shirty with the polis and they booked him... I also think he was known to them, if you know what I mean :)  

yep its surprising how tolerant / lenient people with a little power can be if you don't push your luck and just hold your hands up.

That is what happens when you are reduced to shooting a Beretta DT11 Greg down hill like a very round heavy bolder :)  

To be honest I feel sorry for the guy a great shot and someone that a lot of new young shooters probably took great inspiration from has some personal problems and it come to this. He must have needed help and it was not forthcoming... mind you with some people who need help the biggest difficulty is getting them to accept it.

"Kitty Chiller" made up name surely :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You seem to spend a good deal of time unconscious.

yep its surprising how tolerant / lenient people with a little power can be if you don't push your luck and just hold your hands up.
IMO the police have an unconscionable amount of power considering their place at the very bottom of the legal/criminal system.  And that situation is really no different in the US and is worsening daily.

Sad.. But apparently he's not the only one considered ineligible.. I guess they have to be consistent. 

Back