Difficult Ejection (Non sexual complaint)!

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this problem a few times when I worked in the Gunshop.

Our Gunsmith had a small brass hammer for just such an occasion. Fixed in 15 seconds IF you know where to hit the ejector AND how hard. It is literally a small adjustment to the ejector leg (running slightly out of true). Can also work the other way where the ejector bypasses the cartridge head leaving the fired case behind the ejector. Very frustrating as the gun will not shut until the case is removed. It's what those old cartridge removal tools, that nobody carries anymore, are for.

Easy to get wrong. Take it to someone who knows, if they break anything you're covered. If you break anything you'll wish you left it alone.  :biggrin:

:fie:   Donald go play with your camera! :fie:  

Last edited by a moderator:
BLATANT ADVERTISING Don :laugh:

Buy Fiocchi.......just saying.. :wink: (after you have had it fixed) 

Personally as its newish I'd get it back to GMK yesterday.
"Same as" me old cockle had many berettas and shoot billions of different shells but never had a problem like this before just lucky I guess but the very nature of the simple design is the beauty of berettas they can go on for donkeys years on the original parts and this is from someone who cleans his gun about once a year or ten thousand shells which ever comes first if lucky. :spiteful:   

Id say sell off those Gamebore Velocities cheap, I'll take them off your hands!

The gun is new and I'm someone who cleans their gun after EVERY use, so no crusty chambers here I'm afraid!

Two things to do, 1)get a good smith to check it out,2) get some decent shells!

Two things to do, 1)get a good smith to check it out,2) get some decent shells!

I've done the cartridge thing mate. VIP and Black Gold work fine. I think it's an ejector issue, but only on short headed cartridges and i will have it looked at. I haven't found a target that budget cartridges couldn't hit either, so I'm happy using Velocity and Eley First when I need to. I have asked Eley and Gamebore for their opinions, but I'm very doubtful that the cartridge is the issue now.

Any update available yet ?

Very interested in the cause of this.

Any update available yet ?

Very interested in the cause of this.
Blimey Ips! Two days after his last post the poor chap probably hasn't had time to take it to his Gunsmith yet.

Anyway, everybody knows that a Gunsmith has to stand a gun against the wall for at least 3 weeks to let it settle before attempting to remedy any problem!   :biggrin:

Patience is a virtue (allegedly).

I am not patient and if it were mine I would have been to gun chap 9am monday :)

OK you have had long enough, we should have the full story by now ?

Blimey Ips! Two days after his last post the poor chap probably hasn't had time to take it to his Gunsmith yet.

Anyway, everybody knows that a Gunsmith has to stand a gun against the wall for at least 3 weeks to let it settle before attempting to remedy any problem!   :biggrin:

Patience is a virtue (allegedly).
Ha....you're not wrong there!!! Reminds me of that old joke. Before the second world war a bloke takes a pair of shoes into the menders, before he gets the chance to pick up the shoes he's sent off to war. After the war he finds his old shoe repair ticket, so off he goes to see if the shop is still there or if it was bombed out in the blitz. The shop was there, so in he goes and presents the ticket to the old bloke behind the counter. The old bloke searches the racks of shoes, then turns to the bloke and says.....OK I found them......... they should be ready next Thursday!

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a Cartridge issue! One or two Eley First in 9s from each 25 box, were swollen or misshapen. These particular odd cartridges would not drop into the chamber without gently pushing them in. After firing I guess the misshapen cartridge became wedged and the ejectors wouldn't or couldn't throw them.

The Gamsbore cartridges have only done it once, so that may have been a one off, but the Eley were once or twice a box of 25. I've exchanged the remaining 750 Eley, for 750 Gamebore with the shop and I have not had a single issue after 500 shots. 

So once I identified the odd shaped cartridges, I could protect myself from each non ejection. This isn't great in competition when you just want to reach into your pocket for the next cartridge, without being distracted by the odd one that won't drop into your chamber.

I was disappointed with Eley who did not respond to my emails about the problem. The shop seemed to think that was normal for Eley. 

So job done! 

How wonderful to know that Eley didn't reply to you either. Maybe Tomas is too busy making sure that Rio, CCI, & Caledonian are performing well to assist in bringing a once great British name to its knees.

I have been long time user of Eley cartridges but I do have to say that quality control is practically none existant. I am very disappointed in the problems that I have had for about six months now with Eley Olympics, but never fear they will be having the faulty ones back.

Salop

power blue, English ish and comparable price. I have shot them and there ok for club use.

Just saying.

Back