CPSA Average books.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul120

Before the t internet and computers the CPSA used to send out a book with members classifications and averages for the year.  Has a anybod still got any?   If so what do they tell us about well known shots, yourself and what the cut off points per class were etc. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The current CPSA site has provision for accessing averages and cut offs going back a long way although it does seem a little hard to navigate at times, it's an interesting display of data showing movements of "skills" but it takes a firm head to interpret some of the up and down "blips" because several factors have to be taken into account including the gradual growth of the sport, availability of greater number of shoots (meaning more target variation), availability of more and more "skilled" coaching, availability of more meaningful articles and information about techniques (much of own shooting suffered early on because everything I ever read said "you're behind it", I distinctly remember repeatedly reading the advice that : "most people miss behind and below most of the time", this is simply not the case as I came to find out and even if it was it caused me to over lead everything 😂 ) hence what I mean by skilled/knowledgeable coaching.

The conclusions one can draw from the Top 20 over the years also HAS to be a little different from the conclusions drawn from the masses, the two sectors are often vastly different in real world access to practice and of course the "volume" they can partake in. I find the subject fascinating but as I said it needs thoughtful handling rather than expecting black and white answers, one myth that does quickly get busted though is that targets have become "easier". 

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember "the book" and the anticipation of its release... Things were better in the olden days 😜

It is my understanding that a new rule being introduced by CPSA is if you have not competed for sometime your classification that you once had , becomes null and void and you go back to a low class ? Sandbaggers Unite .🤣

It is my understanding that a new rule being introduced by CPSA is if you have not competed for sometime your classification that you once had , becomes null and void and you go back to a low class ? Sandbaggers Unite .🤣

Lunacy. IIRC the retained classification was introduced to try and aid prevention of sandbagging. 

Phil , no one has confirmed to me that it is being implemented . BUT if it is why not make everyone record three registered scores without being able to win money or trophies and then being put in their correct class?

Latest posts

Back