Covid tier system.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone disagrees that using County boundaries to define the Tiers means that some people are being lumped into Tier 3 unnecessarily.  For example Tunbridge Wells has some of the lowest rates in the country and is closer to East Sussex than it is to Swale (where case rates are really high).

However, none of the measures are about individual risk, so they policy makers don't care if you as an individual get infected.  What they care about are the total number of people infected, as the more people infected the more demand there is for ICU beds and the greater the chance there is hospitals will get overwhelmed and not be able to treat everyone that needs it.  We're all just numbers to politicians and policy makers I'm afraid.
That’s us Bebo, we are right on the Kent/Sussex border and lumped in with the whole of Kent in tier 3.  Just cancelled Barrow for next week, just hoping we can get out over Christmas sometime. 

The problem is, the majority of Joe Public are stupid  !  ( I base this theory upon spending my entire working life dealing with them ! )  Whilst out fishing today, in Lancashire, (yes it is permitted), the number of 'doggie walkers' and 'ramblers' that I have seen was unbelievable. I witnessed 1 group of ramblers, I counted 12, with hardly 2 feet between them. I would suggest that they were semi-professional ramblers, because most had the 2 ski poles, but no ski's.  I even had 3 doggie walkers come through a gate, marked 'fishermen only' and sit on a bench in line with my back cast. When I pointed out to them that they stood every chance of losing an eye, I received a mouthful of abuse, they then departed and left the gate wide open.  Without exception they ignore the 'public footpath' signs and choose to walk across the dam, where anglers are back casting, even complaining about the danger that they are in  !

This entire Corona virus situation relies mainly on people using.............dare I say it .............COMMON SENSE and unfortunately, without it, this could be a long and hard journey that we are on.  

That’s us Bebo, we are right on the Kent/Sussex border and lumped in with the whole of Kent in tier 3.  Just cancelled Barrow for next week, just hoping we can get out over Christmas sometime. 
Must be bloody frustrating. I'm in Rother, less than 10 miles from the Kent boundary. I think we have higher rates than TW, although still low compared to Swale and Thanet, and we're Tier 2. Fingers crossed the case number will drop and you'll drop a tier in December. Unfortunately, I think it's more likely that more of us will be joining you in Tier 3.

We’ve just been watching Groombridge on the TV, half the village in Kent, the other half in Sussex! It’s a mile away from us, we use the local bakery and shops there. It is madness and like Westley above, I agree, people are not taking any notice this time and have no common sense whatsoever.  In the last lockdown, it was like a ghost town where we live, now when I go for a run/cycle or just walk Pip the amount of people out “exercising” is a joke, they are ambling up the road, arm in arm or side by side not even wearing a mask yet when I’m working in my salon we are covered in PPE. We cycled into town the other day to bank some money and we were absolutely amazed at the amount of people walking about, sitting on benches having a chat and a coffee.  There will always be idiots out there mores the pity! 

I have to cuckle when people moan they went out today to do xyz and you know there were other people out doing xyz as well

I should be the only one out doing xyz, we all think like that 😀

I didn’t mean it that I should be the only one doing things, I see lots of other runners, cyclists and dog walkers/walkers and have no problem with people being out in general at all as long as they are sticking to the 2 metre rule and socially distancing which most people aren’t. 

I have to cuckle when people moan they went out today to do xyz and you know there were other people out doing xyz as well

I should be the only one out doing xyz, we all think like that 😀
Yes the only one.. or with one other. As per the rules. Not walking/ running groupes of a dozen or so which is the point being made. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Grange Farm had a post on Facebook that they aren't re-opening yet.  Willow Farm in Kent had planned to re-open, but when they found out they were in Tier 3 they decided to delay it.  I expect there are others, but you'd need to check with each ground before you go.

Oh, and Horne posted that they are starting up again and welcome shooters from Tiers 1 and 2.
According to Greenfields website, they are reopening on the 3rd. 

Yes the only one.. or with one other. As per the rules. Not walking/ running groupes of a dozen or so which is the point being made. 
That's why i chuckle, people like to feel their the only one to comply with the rules,when in fact lots are, but lots just get on with it and don't keep moaning about all the others

Seeing now that some grounds in tier 3 are choosing not to reopen. And some shoots in tier 2 are asking people in tier 3 not to attend their shoots. 

Jasper
Just saw on Facebook that Bywell are only accepting entries from tier 3 for their next competition!

We will be open at Garlands this coming Thursday 3rd , Friday 4th, Saturday 5th for practice over the 12 stands with clay mate in operation .

Our first registered comp will be here on the Sunday 6th December , we will be operating strict Covid safe rules with a one way system through the clubhouse for check in , the café will be open for takeaway food and refreshments only.

Outside will carry on in a strict rule of 6, so squads will not be allowed to integrate with each other and if one squad arrives on a stand with the previous one still shooting you must stay away from that stand until called in to shoot .

If you feel unwell or are displaying any symptoms you MUST not attend the ground. 

Thankyou , look forward to seeing you all soon.

It appears in general that the only people that do not understand the rules are the ones that do not want to be restricted by them...
Well said!

The rules and the reason for them have always been quite clear to me.

This virus is voracious in its infection rate and to balance the limitations of healthcare some form of quarantine is required.

You could go all out lockdown for a short period and spray ethanol on anything (that is resistant to ethanol) that people come into contact with.

The problem with that is the economic impact and people starving to death because there is no one making/selling/delivering food. Clearly this is not an option. Therefore anything else is a compromise that will inevitably allow the virus to continue finding a host albeit at a reduced rate.

The compromises are thus, where possible (reasonable) stay two meters apart, wear a face covering (preferably eyes also), don’t use public transport, stay away from shared spaces, work from home (again, if it’s feasible).

Going to school, taking in deliveries, shopping, going to work etcetera all increase the risks. The risks can only be reduced and the requirement is to reduce this to an acceptable level.

The things were not allowed to do/have to do are somewhat offset by the things we are still allowed/are required to do.

If we took the opposite stance of do nothing, the the virus would spread rapidly, the deaths per day would go up (though the percentage of infections to deaths would remain largely the same or arguably even fall slightly) and the demands on healthcare would be very damaging.

In places where lockdown is very relaxed or even almost non existent, they typically are in regions/countries of low population density.

Of course there are the tin foil hat brigade who say its all a government/big Pharma scam. Perhaps they could have told my father that had he not died as a result of a severe respiratory infection i.e. Covid-19 

So maybe after today's announcement, some tier hoppers may want to think again. 

As stated before you just keep prolonging the agony. 

Merry Christmas.😬

Jasper. 

Wales is in lockdown once again. No shooting at all for us, nothing,Nada, nowt, f all.

Seriously doubt that this will change anything, the last registered I did one third of the entry had travelled from tier 3 into tier 2 to shoot

Seriously doubt that this will change anything, the last registered I did one third of the entry had travelled from tier 3 into tier 2 to shoot
Exactly the point. It should change something. Tier 3 has higher rate of infection. Which is then spread into the tier 2 area . Which then turns that into a tier3. And so we continue . Maybe forever. Seriously. Everyone that thinks shooting can justify a tier hop and is essential are the people keeping us in this nightmare for the foreseeable. 

I don't care whether you agree with what tier you are in or not . 

The restrictions are what they are. They are there for a reason. 

I am of the opinion that travel outside of the guidance makes that person irresponsable. And that in turn questions whether you are fit to be in charge of a firearm. 

Get a grip. 

Jasper. 

But I'm told I can hop between tier 1/2/3 to work and my company expects me to do this or not get paid, work that one out then

Back