Cost of having an isis fitted.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It just does its job really, I don't think much about it.  i did ring up one Gunshop for an idea of price to fit and they didn't want to fit it as they said " we have a shop full of second hand ones (recoil reduces of different types) people have had fitted and then removed, because they didn't like the way the gun 'bounced' before the second shot and couldn't get on with it ".  I haven't noticed anything like that though.  Put it this way - It can't be doing any harm can it.  I'm not a good enough shooter to be fussing about the 'point of balance being moved 1/4 of a millimetre further forward' due to the maybe slight difference in weight of the xpad and the wood it replaces.

This business of not being able to get used to the so called bounce is odd if not downright silly. Think of the sensation the firing of a gun would feel to a beginner, I mean it must feel quite disconcerting the way it goes from zero to a mini explosion and the subsequent commotion, rise and fall of the sight picture and associated shaking etc, am I right or am I right ?

Now the rapid compression and release of a given device is hardly going to be anywhere near that felt by the said beginner compared to a half seasoned shooter who has got used to the recoil, am I right or am I right ?

We won't even go into the fact the regular shooter's attention would be so focused on the clay that he should not even register much in the way of conscious awareness of movement. I know I personally don't notice recoil while I'm shooting and in any case these devices tame muzzle flip and more often than not if set up correctly will decrease sight picture movements etc.

I'm quite happy to accept some won't need these enough to put up with the few hours it takes to allow it to merge into your subconscious but don't slate them for the shuffle movement cos that's precisely what they're meant to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the full Isis system. It is supplied with a range of springs, so you can tune it. I find I can't use the soft springs (which allow most movement and reduce recoil best) because I am aware of the movement. So I gradually tried slightly stiffer springs to achieve a point where I am not aware of compression during use. Best compromise..

Sounds like an invention for mardie arse poofters to me.

Oops i prob cant say that, but i did so hey ho

NOTES

insert great big smiley to indicate an attempt at humour and also insert a tongue in cheek winking smiley to indicate that i am not homophobic.

NOTES

insert great big smiley to indicate an attempt at humour and also insert a tongue in cheek winking smiley to indicate that i am not homophobic.
Yeah - even if it's true             :hunter:

I'm interested in the xpad not the recoil system afaik the Isis pads are the best for not bouncing. I have a green pad on my sporter no bounce fancy an xpad in my trap gun to replace the miroku standard but like the idea of a adjustable

This topic is a 'Marmite' debate. You either like them /need them or you don't .

We are all different and many of us have different perceptions of recoil and comfort.I have never had a felt recoil issue, but try shooting off the wrong / opposite shoulder to what you usually do and you will then see what the sufferers have to contend with. If you are a sufferer, only you can decide what is good for you, I can recommend Pachmayr, Kickeeze, Graco, Danuser, Isis, all do similar things but with differing characteristics.No one size fits all.

NOTES

here we go........and you wonder why you get into trouble....... Lmfao !!!

" we have a shop full of second hand ones (recoil reduces of different types) people have had fitted and then removed, because they didn't like the way the gun 'bounced' before the second shot and couldn't get on with it ".
A full ISIS, does not bounce. Others do. You can be more aware of the movement, if you set it for maximum reduction, but they don't bounce.

The common mistake is to get a recoil reducer, then put a regular, or even sorbothane / kick eaze type pad on it. This will cause it to bounce like buggery :)

here we go........and you wonder why you get into trouble....... Lmfao !!!
oh well live by the sword die by the sword.

Anyway i blame you, your a bad influence :)

oh well live by the sword die by the sword.

Anyway i blame you, your a bad influence :)
What did I do??? Anyway we better watch out now......Harley is back.....and fighting fit too by the sound of it! :biggrin:

I shall be on my best behaviour. Promise :)

I have mowed the field this morning and now i am thoroughly bored, i hate none shooting Sundays.

Oops bloody thread drift. Again.

Just cleaned my car alloys, how bored must i be :(

Just cleaned my car alloys, how bored must i be :(
I'm having one of those days too. Halfway through writting the next pub quiz, had lunch,stock oiled again, mucked out the hens.........only one thing left now....quick shower and off to the pub!!!! :biggrin:   :drinks:

Hi Garry . Just been to Ian's and he was too busy fitting your recoil pad to fix my gun. Hope you happy with the finish ??

Hi Garry . Just been to Ian's and he was too busy fitting your recoil pad to fix my gun. Hope you happy with the finish ??
Gaz sent me some pics of it Rob, Ian did a brilliant job, just like he did with the new pad he fitted for me. Anyway what's wrong with your K80 I thought those things didn't break?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back