Congratulations to Richard Faulds - 2012 English Open Skeet

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would this debate be raging if Richard had beaten Mr chaplow at dtl? That is after all trap. End of the day the best shooter won, and all credit too him :) would have thought the pro skeeters would have relished the challenge tbh

That is some top shooting....well done Richard, another trophy on the way to a great 2012!

Not sure I understand the point about 'professional shooting' either...

my comments relating to being a professional were only to illustrate the view that there are topclass shots in every discipline who could be regarded as being of professional standard that was all

Crickey............Lordy lordy.......... shocked and gobsmacked!!

This was the English Open for goodness sake not a numptie backyard ping around.

The winner is the best on the day.

Also there is no money to be made in shooting so I am not sure what point is being made here.

Do people out there think that this is like golf?

I wish!! (Laughs out loud at some of the ideas that people have as to the reality of earning from shooting these days).

Well done Richard, you shot the best and won it fair and square..............just think what you would be like if you took some time out to practice before a skeet competition!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:
Too right.....last time I checked you don't get any prize money at the Olympics! and being very good shouldn't be a barrier to entering any "Open" shooting competition.

All of us who enter CPSA competitions are professional in the sense that we are competing for money, but no one (not even the very best) are going to make a comfortable living from it.

I can't think anyone is going to raise an eyebrow or complain when in two weeks time George, Ben, or Richard etcetera wins the English Sporting Open at Southdown. In fact most will watch in awe at their talent and dedication and be glad to be able to compete in the same arena as these guys :cool:

Well done Richard, best man won! Where would all this end if you banned so called professional shooters from entering competitions, what a load of b-----ks, sounds like sour grapes to me! Didn,t digweed upset the skeet lot once by shooting 300 straight or something along those lines?? :p :p :p

Whilst I also offer my congratulations to Richard I do think this raises a questions about the participation of professional shooters in what are essentially amateur events. Professional competitors clearly have the time and resources to devote to their activities that amateurs do not. Does this allow a level playing field as far as the compeition is concerned?

Obviously, as a CPSA member, Richard (or anyone else) can shoot their events and claim any prizes he wins. The presence of a professional sportsman or women with all the advantages they enjoy at an event such as this just sits a little uncomfortably with me.

I'd be interested to know what others think?
I suppose your next suggestion is going to be a ' handicap system ' to give you a chance of winning something.

The best score win's, if that isn't mine , then I have to improve! What would have been said if one of the other's had won the shoot off?

Well done Richard, best man won! Where would all this end if you banned so called professional shooters from entering competitions, what a load of b-----ks, sounds like sour grapes to me! Didn,t digweed upset the skeet lot once by shooting 300 straight or something along those lines?? :p :p :p
550 straight Optima :.: :.: .

Richard gave himself a "handicap".........I'll bet no one else shot with full/full chokes!!! Well done!!!

I think your all missing the point here. This is no criticism of Richard (or anyone else in a similar posiiton), I am simply questioning whether it is appropriate for a professional competitor to win prizes at an amateur competition. Imagine Usian Bolt participating in a ameteur running event and you'll get the picture.

I should also add his participation didn't affect me. I was 100 miles away at the time shooting DTL targets.

........... I am simply questioning whether it is appropriate for a professional competitor to win prizes at an amateur competition. Imagine Usian Bolt participating in a ameteur running event and you'll get the picture.
He IS!!! The Olympics.........

How can the English Open be an amateur event when it has cash prizes?

Was there prizemoney at your DTL shoot?

But 274368 what do u mean by an "amateur" event and what is a "professional shooter" ? If you look at Four Counties Shooting Ground website (in Berkshire) Richard regularly shoots small 50 and 70 bird Sporting competitions on a Sunday,,where else would you expect him to get regular competitive practice?

Skeet are easy to shoot........shooting them straight when the pressure is on is not!!! Olimpic skeet is a different kettle of fish.......Olimpic shooters just make it look easy!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I am aware there are no professional shooters over here (by pro I mean make their living just by shooting), the prize money aint good enough.

Every one that rattles off my head at the moment has a "day" job. Ben coaches and sets targets, George coaches and runs his sporting agency and Richard coaches and runs a shooting ground. Without the day jobs and living off the prize fund I would suspect they would be living out of a tent :eek:

Thats the beauty of shooting, its all inclusiveness. Any competition you enter you could be squadded with the best in the game. Try getting a competitive 4 ball with Tiger, Rory and Luke Donald when you are a 20 handicap chopper! never happen. but a lowly C classer has the chance to be drawn alongside one of the greats in any competition.

Did it with size 6.5 shot as well.....!!!! :.: :.:
Oh.... now you have done it...... ;) they will all be really pissed now :D

Still if you are on them.....you are on them ;) bet there was no chips!!

Perhaps Richard can give me a pointer on stand one, me smoke the going away of the pair and then me start staring at the stupid huge incomer scared to hit it as it's so close and always end up a yard in front :.: , serious question.

Hamster, stand on one, shoot doubles until you are killing both birds every time, simples........:)

Back