Clubman classic round 2

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nimbusgb

Was at Mill Farm, Pevensey today. Mill farm is a club keeping a low profile as they have a lot of people shooting there. They took the principle a little far though engaging the tactic of not putting any signs or hints as to where the club is in the hope of winning the day that way. :) :) Some of us managed to find the place however and had a most entertaining morning on the clays.

The shoot started in low cloud swirling over the hill with light rain and drizzle. By the time we had finished the sun hade come out though. The entertainment was provided by a 20 knot stiff breeze with occasional gusts of perhaps 30 to 35 knots. I stood on one stand and watched 8 or 9 people ahead of me shoot at 10 clays each. I doubt very much that any two of the birds was the same! They ducked and dived, accelerated and stalled, curved back, skimmed the grass, climbed like homesick angels, dissapeared into the tree or didn't. The most succesful shooters seemed to be the ones shooting instinctively and relying less on a fixed sight, pickup and kill pattern.

The fluffy rabbits was excellent and it was all good clean fun which just about made up for only carding a 55%.

Oh and their 'full English breakfast' would do a long distance trucker proud, I don't think I have ever seen quite such a platefull!

Thanks, it was a good day!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nimbusgb said:
How very odd!!!!!

I typed and can re-edit that post to read 'the fluffy rabbits was excellent ........' But it displays in the post as 'the fluffy rabbits was good .....'
How very odd!!!!!
I typed and can re-edit that post to read 'the ban_ter was excellent ........' But it displays in the post as 'the fluffy rabbits was good .....'

Last edited by a moderator:
Thoroughly enjoyable day, let's not mention scores though... See you in the morning for a session on the Sportrap!

Think I will try sport trap again.  I have a cunnig plan on how to improve my hit rate 

Think I will try sport trap again.  I have a cunnig plan on how to improve my hit rate
Me too! I'm going to hit the little blighters while they hide in the traps! :)

I'll be up for coffee at about 10:30 after I've been for a screw.

Need some big wood screws for a project, will stop off at the local diy store to grab a few on the way.

Well that was a fun day! First time I have offloaded an entire slab in a mornings shooting!!!!

Sportrap was fun until Clive came and showed us all up!

Latest posts

Back